Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just got to Plat playing ONLY SHACO AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faceless Voidz

10-21-2012

You have inspired me to play Shaco. We'll see how this goes.

MadKingThorn

10-23-2012

Quote:
I Be Voidz:
You have inspired me to play Shaco. We'll see how this goes.

Very nice

I'm starting up a stream atm!

Ghalaggin

10-25-2012

I know it's really early, but how're you liking Shaco on the new TT? Any of the new items look nice on him?

Also, 3's route/build in general?

Lohano

10-25-2012

I started playing Shaco after I read this post. Borrowed your builds and read your posts on ganking.
Working out super fine up till now, soloing dragon at level 6 ASAP and stuff.

Plus I like Shaco's play style.

ER90R

11-02-2012

Great guide again! Was wondering if i want to make Shaco's two shiv poison skill really strong, is it ability power or attack power i need to upgrade it?

MadKingThorn

11-05-2012

Quote:
Ghalaggin:
I know it's really early, but how're you liking Shaco on the new TT? Any of the new items look nice on him?

Also, 3's route/build in general?

Sorry for the mega late responses [I haven't had power for a week and I am back at school now]. I dislke Shaco a lot on the new TT to be honest. Level 1 invasion is a must if you are versing a Shaco (Hes really terrible at level 1 fights) and most people pick strong junglers (shyvana for example) that wave-clear fast and are naturally tankier. Shaco has a hard time doing his own jungle (since the enemies should put pressure at level 1 + on) and snowballing is a lot less prevalent in this new TT. For example, if I camped top lane in the old TT I could be level 6 and the enemy might only be level 3-4.

Now I feel as if no matter how much I gank those respawn timers are so short they miss no creeps/exp and most level 6 top laners vsing a level 6 shaco even with a slight item advantage will win. The experience and level gap part of snowballing on the old TT made Shaco's ganks worthwhile and powerful; on the new TT gold scaling is really the only "snowball" factor as everyone pretty much levels at around the same pace regardless of deaths which hurts shaco a lot (ontop of ****ty level 1).

Quote:
Lohano:
I started playing Shaco after I read this post. Borrowed your builds and read your posts on ganking.
Working out super fine up till now, soloing dragon at level 6 ASAP and stuff.

Plus I like Shaco's play style.

Good to hear! Let me know if you find something that works better for you and I'll try it out ^^ Experimenting is always good.

Quote:
ER90R:
Great guide again! Was wondering if i want to make Shaco's two shiv poison skill really strong, is it ability power or attack power i need to upgrade it?

2-Shiv poison scales off of Bonus AD (I'm pretty sure its bonus AD) and Ability Power. So to make it stronger build more front-up AD (Bloodthirster/IE/Brutalizer for example).

MadKingThorn

11-30-2012

I'm going to stream!

ALLIIAN

11-30-2012

Quote:
MadKingThorn:
I'm going to stream!

Could you put up like, a collection of your responses (like, have your build, skill sequence, ganking tips, everything of value) posted to the OP (or make a mobafire/solomid guide.... I would love if you did that)

Also, specific mutations to your build in really weird circumstances (all ad, all ap, all tanky teams)

How do you fight a Lee Sin that invades?

ALLIIAN

11-30-2012

bump

MadKingThorn

11-30-2012

Quote:
ALLIIAN:
Could you put up like, a collection of your responses (like, have your build, skill sequence, ganking tips, everything of value) posted to the OP (or make a mobafire/solomid guide.... I would love if you did that)

Also, specific mutations to your build in really weird circumstances (all ad, all ap, all tanky teams)

How do you fight a Lee Sin that invades?

I can definitely find some good posts and requote them in the front. And after my finals are over I can try to get a guide up and running.

LeeSin is annoying at best, but if hes invading you you should have exhaust + deceive. Make him burn his double Q quickly [if he misses, no sweat] and you will get away fine.