Just got to Plat playing ONLY SHACO AMA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grann Brigitte

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Great, now people are going to realize that Shaco was never actually nerfed and that he's still the most oppressive jungler in the game.

Thanks : c

Next thing, people will realize that rammus and any of the old jungles which had absolutely ridiculous ganks are still viable, and it'll be back to towerhug games.

Well- this is partially true. Shaco probably gets serious diminishing returns in the higher elos where people will play around him


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GPN Ghost Rider

Member

10-19-2012

noob question: do you think playng shaco can get me out of 1400s?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadKingThorn

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgerbs View Post
How does it feel to have the most successful AMA thread in history?
Haha I don't know if its the most successful :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTruExSketch View Post
Grats on the plat first off. Long time Shaco enthusiast here...

I have a inner conflict on leveling up his ultimate at 11;

-It lowers the CD by 10 seconds. Not a huge deal to me. This basically says to me "If you aren't using your ultimate in the first 10 seconds it comes off cooldown, you're wasting it." It's not an ultimate you use every available moment - you use it in clutch situations to avoid skillshots and Reqiuems.

-It increases base damage by 150 which is a good amount. I find it unreliable to hit somebody with this clone's AoE since it is such a small range (250) which is only double the range of melee hits.

I like the idea of a harder hitting, lower mana costing Deceive mid game (when mid starts taking blue every time). Even leveling up Jitbs sounds better to me for dueling junglers 1v1 for a 185 base damage increase per level if every shot hits and a longer fear.

What are your thoughts on this?


Also, doran's blades?
You talk about a conflict of getting his ulti at level 11 for a "stronger Q or strong jack in the boxes" but the upgrades on both skills isn't nearly as impressive as the upgrade on his ultimate. AFAIK the ultimate also takes reduced damage and does a % higher of your damage every time you upgrade it too? It used to be that way and I think it still is [ I am might be wrong but im pretty sure it still is ]. And the ultimate also does auto attack damage which is nice :P.

I'd say stick with the ulti at level 11. I do get doran's blades too sometimes -- if they are a very tanky team early game and I want some extra health / damage to assist me [only 1 though].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grann Brigitte View Post
Great, now people are going to realize that Shaco was never actually nerfed and that he's still the most oppressive jungler in the game.

Thanks : c

Next thing, people will realize that rammus and any of the old jungles which had absolutely ridiculous ganks are still viable, and it'll be back to towerhug games.

Well- this is partially true. Shaco probably gets serious diminishing returns in the higher elos where people will play around him
I love rammus too - I think hes still pretty awesome his taunt is sooooo long xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niltus View Post
noob question: do you think playng shaco can get me out of 1400s?
Hell yea! I got out of that ELO range in <10 games. I was 10-1 my first 11 games and it ended up putting me at about 1480~? ELO. I quickly jumped to around 1700 soon after. Lots of mistakes are made in 1200-1500 ELO so you can easily capitalize on them!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadKingThorn

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Game is starting come down and watch!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GPN Ghost Rider

Member

10-19-2012

i dont usually play shaco, how long it will take me to have skill, should i start playing a couple of normals or go staright to ranked with him?, im at 1400s elo (hell)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GPN Ghost Rider

Member

10-19-2012

link to stream please?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Sketch

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadKingThorn View Post

You talk about a conflict of getting his ulti at level 11 for a "stronger Q or strong jack in the boxes" but the upgrades on both skills isn't nearly as impressive as the upgrade on his ultimate. AFAIK the ultimate also takes reduced damage and does a % higher of your damage every time you upgrade it too? It used to be that way and I think it still is [ I am might be wrong but im pretty sure it still is ]. And the ultimate also does auto attack damage which is nice :P.
To my knowledge and the tooltip readings his ultimate doesn't gain damage reduction % and attack damage % per level. I've never noticed any differences in gameplay either for the 2 years I've played him.

If this is true and those numbers are hidden from us, then it's a no brainer. But I'm fairly certain this is not the case. I've been wrong before though XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadKingThorn

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niltus View Post
i dont usually play shaco, how long it will take me to have skill, should i start playing a couple of normals or go staright to ranked with him?, im at 1400s elo (hell)
Definitely practice in normals first. When I first started using him I thought I was the king of the world and would jump in with deceive at terrible times and get owned for it :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niltus View Post
link to stream please?
Its on the front page!

http://www.own3d.tv/XWick/live/31479 but there

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTruExSketch View Post
To my knowledge and the tooltip readings his ultimate doesn't gain damage reduction % and attack damage % per level. I've never noticed any differences in gameplay either for the 2 years I've played him.

If this is true and those numbers are hidden from us, then it's a no brainer. But I'm fairly certain this is not the case. I've been wrong before though XD
Hmm you are probably right.. I don't know why I remember this being a change in his ulti (maybe it was years ago and they nerfed it when shaco was FOTM every 4-5 months :P). But still -- I think 1 point in his ulti is far more worth it than either Q or W.

It is all preference though! If you don't like his ulti too much -- then I guess you don't have to level it but there are times where the explosion comes in super handy =P.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VampireTyler

Senior Member

10-19-2012

Watching you stream, I have no idea how you got plat.. Underwhelmed for sure.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GPN Ghost Rider

Member

10-19-2012

well he is not jungling at this moment, thats why i think he is up in this match