Katarina....lol.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loki421

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDari View Post
The old Katarina was shut down by hard CC. Not so much the new one. That's why she is so popular
It's true. It is really hard to cc her in time. Your team mate got ever so slightly out of position and has no hard CC of his own? Good luck getting to him in time to help b/c Katarin already got there, killed him, drank some tea, had a scone and left. Before you were able to get in range to stop her. She is now lightning in a bottle.

Kat on the other team? Every member of your team either needs hard CC or a juke escape move that they all save specifically for her. Those without, or those that forget to save it will die repeatedly.

Steev0

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki421 View Post
It's true. It is really hard to cc her in time. Your team mate got ever so slightly out of position and has no hard CC of his own? Good luck getting to him in time to help b/c Katarin already got there, killed him, drank some tea, had a scone and left. Before you were able to get in range to stop her. She is now lightning in a bottle.

Kat on the other team? Every member of your team either needs hard CC or a juke escape move that they all save specifically for her. Those without, or those that forget to save it will die repeatedly.
Taking advantage of mistakes (someone out of position) is kind of Katarina's forte'. Her playstyle is to commit hard once she gos in because if she doesn't get a kill/assist within a couple seconds of Shunpo then she will die.

When laning against her watch if she's holding Bouncing Blades or if she is farming with it. If she is holding it she's waiting do a E, Q, W combo on you. If she uses BB to last hit then hit her hard while it's on CD. This will force her to save it for counter-harass which will hurt her farming ability a lot. If she goes in to last hit with auto attacks or SS then punish her for it with harass.

If she Shunpo's to a minion to get in range for a BB, SS combo then don't just run away, throw some punishment back as she runs back behind her ranged creeps.

If you watch her harass habbits and learn when to juke away and when to poke her back then you can win trades with her. I play her quite a bit and I play like a lane bully usually, but that is to keep their health lower than mine so that they can't use my melee range weakness to zone me out. If they set up a good jungle gank or they outplay me at the harass game then I'm forced to play pretty passively to not give them a kill.

And finally, when team fight time comes that is when she is at her strongest if she's good. Make sure somebody saves a CC for Death Lotus (you'll see the healing debufff over your team's heads as soon as the first dagger hits) and stun/ knockup/ knockback/ silence her. She's a pretty high priority kill target because as she get's assists/kills then her real damage potential comes out.

If you can deny kills for just a few moments after she jumps into the fight and kill her then she loses all her scaryness. Also just throwing this in there, but like many snowball/assassin champs she has to get ahead to have a strong presence, if you can just survive her and deny her some CS then she's not going to be nearly as devastating when everybody gets together.

Hope this helps a little.

P.S.
I haven't done a lot of posting on the forums but I'm an avid lurker. I have a little over 1000 games under my belt so my Junior Member status kind of overstates my noobishness .

hartreck

10-09-2012

They made kat better without ult but pretty horrible before Deathcap,so...

EsojSavior

11-18-2012

When it was just her ult to worry about, she was easily counter-able, but now she is not so reliant on her ult. Consequently, I think some of her cooldowns should be considered since she has zero resource to consider AND if she plays right, then her cooldowns refresh with a kill or assist. It is problematic, because there was many who didn't want old Kat to receive a rework and now that she has, there is right to be concerned on over-nerfing her. Personally, she is not a bad champ, I quite like her and her design (despite never having played her outside of a custom game to see her cooldowns/scaling etc.).

NickyWhat

11-18-2012

Lulu says hi to Katarina

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzZx1 View Post
Hey, you guys broke katarina and its making LoL really boring to face the same champion every game, or have one on your team that basically guarantees a win for either side. I enjoy this game, please make it fun again.
Dear riot,

Reworks give noobs excuses to blame their failures on some scapegoat. Please give the next champ you rework a funny reference to this phenomena

Blasterboy

11-18-2012

I have no idea what you are talking about, I do fight a Kat every once and a while, but never close to every game, you are just "unlucky" I suppose, she is very powerful, if she is fed, she is a super powerful snowball champion, but she is squishy most of the time. I myself play Kat a lot, (She is my favorite champion) I really enjoy the feeling of being able to carry the team, but the thing is, I don't do that EVERY game, no one is perfect, if I am not fed right off the bat, I am very weak, as long as you play carefully, and try and focus her to shut her down, then you will do fine. Other than that, I don't know what to say other than, here is another QQ'er, I have also run into a few of you in-game. You can say "Oh that champ is just OP", with Kat, that is only true if you let her get OP, by feeding. And against someone like me who has played her many many times, it's very hard to to prevent that, but it can be done.

Kurly Sue

11-18-2012

The only people getting stomped by Katarina or Darius for that matter is people in Normal Blind Pick.

CC's counter Kat indefinitely. It stops her ultimate at spot and then she gets bursted down, or getting slows/CC's on Darius = free kill.

Evolnemesis

11-19-2012

The new Kat seems to be balanced fine... I don't think she's overpowered at all. Yeah, she's not shut down TOTALLY by any form of cc anymore... but all that means is that she isn't underpowered either. Personally I think they did a good job with the rework and made her abilities and play fit together more smoothly and conform more to what you would expect of someone with an assassin tag like her, that's all.

666 Infernike

11-19-2012

tbh ... you guys ever tried diana ? rap.es kata so hard that she cant even come back (: