DO YOU FEEL THAT RANKED DOMINION WILL ONLY MAKE LOL BETTER

YES 47 88.68%
NO 6 11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

We must push for ranked dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LORDVADER6198

10-08-2012

Dominion has been out for a while now and i know I'm not the only one who feels it should be ranked. Please show your thoughts here and together we can get the ball rolling. PLEASE PASS THE WORD ALONG "WE WANT RANKED DOM." WHO'S WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrignardTS

10-08-2012

We've been 'with you' for eight months now. We gave up.

FOODFOOD

10-08-2012

I wouldn't say we've "given up." We've just gotten tired of advocating for something that we have absolutely no clue if/when we're getting it, and haven't received any official information in several months.

Our hope is Season 3.

Tempestphile

10-08-2012

We can't even get them to acknowledge Rengar should not have a snowballing item or some champion needs addressed because its too OP in Dominion enviorment...

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

High hopes for s3 and s4, with Riot's way of thinking Season 3 item overhaul will have everyone relearning the gamemodes and they'll finally push for ranked Dominion in s4 i guess, i hope for ranked Dominion in s3 though.

Kiddalee

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
High hopes for s3 and s4, with Riot's way of thinking Season 3 item overhaul will have everyone relearning the gamemodes and they'll finally push for ranked Dominion in s4 i guess, i hope for ranked Dominion in s3 though.
Reallyreallyreally? I can't wait another year, dammit! I'm sick of tryharding in Normals. I wanna pick Sejuani.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I think for S5 there is gonna be ranked dominion, I have faith.

Rebel Dragon

10-08-2012

We appreciate your enthusiasm.

DevlJoe

10-08-2012

I do think a ranked mode would help, but I have an unpopular opinion about it. I don't think there should be a ranked solo queue, only ranked team 5v5.

It's generally accepted among the community that it is harder to carry your team to victory in dominion, making it perhaps even more team focused than SR, this means going in with randoms every game (particularly in low to mid elos) a bit of a gamble, and would likely exacerbate the 'elo hell' problem, perhaps making it even harder to escape an elo bracket full of bad teammates.

Only ranked team would also help to alleviate some of the problems of overpowered pubstomper champs, as it's easier for players who already know what the other members of their team play to work picks and bans into their strategy rather than just hit all the OPs they can and pray the other team doesn't pick all the ones they missed. (run-on sentences are fun) Teamwork and coordination is also the no 1 counter to op champs, so there's that too.

And I say this knowing that I don't even have 4 friends I could make a team with lol.

Phourc

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlJoe View Post
It's generally accepted among the community that it is harder to carry your team to victory in dominion, making it perhaps even more team focused than SR, this means going in with randoms every game (particularly in low to mid elos) a bit of a gamble, and would likely exacerbate the 'elo hell' problem, perhaps making it even harder to escape an elo bracket full of bad teammates.
I don't see this at all. Yeah, I have games where one person loses us the game, but I've also definitely had games where one person wins us the game (often times bottom lane). I had games like these in SR, too.

It isn't really that hard to carry your team to victory - obviously a 100% winrate is impossible but I've been hovering at 55% in blind pick solo queue and that, theoretically, should keep me moving upward.

When I man up and run bottom for my team, I've got a 70% winrate with AD Malz. 70%, just for running a good bottom laner bot instead of whoever gets talked into it at the fountain.

If you're a good player I don't think soloing to your correct Elo would be a problem.