Champions with no mana or energy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

geegeez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Whats the point of these champions ? Having no mana to manage is game breaking.
Champions with no mana and energy (or even having energy as a resource)...I'm not sure what Riot thinks of it. They can just spam their abilities and pretty much own us early game and even late game (rengar...facepalm). I don't think riot should make new champions without any resources. You have to be able to manage something. Using spells without even thinking about you being out of mana is too easy. These champions doesnt even have bigger cooldowns on their spells to compensate the No resources power . Since a while, I've been seeing alot of action in game where champions with no mana are just facerooling. I know Riot can't change the champions that are already made but for the future ones, they should create new resources and stop making champs without any resources. It is not a rage thread, Its just an opinion on what is happening right now in game. I'm sure Riot is looking at the champions after the nerfs and buffs but do they really play them in every situation ? Probably not. Buffing a champ is ok but buffing a champ that has no resource is already a buff itself. By having nothing to manage, you don't have to buy mana pots and its clearly a big advantage early game.

tl;dr : Champions with resources to manage need to get fixed. They doesnt have bigger cooldowns to compensate and they pretty much can spam abilites without thinking about being out of mana or energy. Another thing is that Riot should stop making champions without resources to manage, You have to get something otherwise, you just have to check your cooldowns while other champions with mana can't spam theur abilities.

Soviet Mudkip

10-08-2012

First of all idk how many energy champions you've played, but often just one of their skills takes out like half of their Energy bar making it Balanced. Lee Sin can only Kick once in a team fight. Shen can only dash once in a team fight.

Vladimir's damage got severely nerfed and his cooldowns and heal are longer and smaller respectively. Rengar needs to spam his abilities which each have about 5 seconds cooldowns each. I'm not going to go through all the champions that don't use mana right now, but they have it figured out. It's rare that the mechanics which have been in play for so long are broken till now... Learn to counter etc.

Pepperkat

10-08-2012

The reason between Mana / Energy / no use champions that make them different is because no cost abilities have significantly longer cooldowns than abilities that rely on Mana or Energy to cast.

A no-cost champion is more likely to have Cooldown reduction glyphs in their rune page because of this.

Lisianthus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

If Riot remade every champ to be cooldown based would you be happier about being resourceless?

The Mid Squirtle

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Ushiromiya View Post
If Riot remade every champ to be cooldown based would you be happier about being resourceless?
Karthus and Cass would be.

msgerbs

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperkat View Post
The reason between Mana / Energy / no use champions that make them different is because no cost abilities have significantly longer cooldowns than abilities that rely on Mana or Energy to cast.

A no-cost champion is more likely to have Cooldown reduction glyphs in their rune page because of this.
Katarina?

ObscureClockwork

10-08-2012

tbh, only sometimes do resource less champions become problems.

most of the problem is concerning the giant problem top lane is, not the individual champions

Adumu

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgerbs View Post
Katarina?
Have you seen the cd on Kat's q before ranking it up? Or her Shunpo? He Whirling blades is the only spammable attack she has, and it's mostly good for farming until late-game. (also harassing. God is it fun to harass as Kat.)

Also, Vlad/Morde/Mundo aren't resourceless champs. They use their own HP as resources, which is FAR more difficult than managing mana. Energy champs have great early games, but late game they do less. More and more champs have bigger mana pools by late game, while energy champs are still restricted to what they could do earlier. Fury champs (Renek, Tryndamere, and Shyvana I believe.) are in a similar boat. And then we have Rengar... less said about him, the better. He's one I agree with you on. Managing his stacks is easy, and really not even needed. Just spam till four and then harass... usually ends up with a dead opponent.

As for champs who literally have no resource, generally their CD's are long, or they are semi-squishy. Or something. I dunno.

Apox

10-08-2012

bomb this thread

Percival7663