If you leave support for me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talonted Blade

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
Well... I'm a dedicated support main who genuinely enjoys the role, so what I'm about to say is going to lose a bit of bite.

But seriously - you're being a ****. If you're going to do a role, PLAY IT. Don't be one of the idiots who go AD "support" minion stealing Amumu or berserker greaves "support" Volibear; I look at those sods as free wins, because that's exactly all they're good for - handing a free win to the opposing team.

If you don't want to play support, that's understandable. Discuss kill lanes with whoever else you're both with; Leona+J4, Cass+Teemo, Ali+Blitz, whatever. If you're in normals, it probably doesn't even matter if you just pick Malz support.

Just don't do **** like that in ranked, or you're being a complete twit and frankly intentionally assisting the enemy team. I don't care who you think you are, the "main" supports are the frontrunners for a reason - they function better with 0CS than Malzahar. "Free will" is a nice concept and all, but trying to lose the game for your team is reportable, and even if it wasn't - you're just being a dick. Don't be That Guy.

(on a brighter note: good taste to be playing Malz. He's a ton of fun and my go-to mid!)
You assume a lot for no reason.

I play any role seriously, that doesn't mean I am going to play who you want me to play.

I leave all the farm for my ad carry.

I do not push the lane.

I ward.

Malzahar is actually a legitimate support, his harass is ridiculous and his ult is amazing. His W is where most of his damage comes from and it's an EXTREMELY high base. His ult still works as a support.

How is using something that YOU think is bad assissting the enemy team?

Clyonoshi

10-08-2012

Title: If you leave AP carry for me

I will do it, however I will not like it.

I will not pick a conventional AP Carry, I will pick an odd AP Carry like Trundle or something.

Why? Because I don't have fun playing AP Carry. You may think the game is all about winning, I think it's all about fun. If you don't want me to play a non-conventional AP Carry, well then take it yourself.

amidoinitrite?

Crumblerumble

10-08-2012

Quote:
I was not in any way belittling you or your choice! Just commenting on Riot having stuck the recommended tag on her based on when she USED to be pretty good as a 100% afk support, but after the last six thousand nerfs she has to be active or risk complete obsolescence in a game.

Soraka is actually my guilty pleasure - finishing people off with a banana is the best moment in League, only bettered by finishing people off with a CRIT banana. I was so sad when they removed base crit chance, I used to get a kill every game or two as battleraka just due to that. Just makes me sad to see people playing her 100% passively when she's soooo good when played with VERY calculated aggression.
the problem with soraka now with the changes is she's a very snowball type laner (IMO) if you get behind on a soraka i feel like it's incredibly hard to get back into the lane. I honestly think soraka is probably the most toxic support in the game as playing against her is definitely just not fun at all lol.

Talonted Blade

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgrady View Post

YOUR FUN is not allowed to come at the expense of others. If you don't like that your fun is being ruined by the others, then too bad. Grow up or don't play.
Self contradiction much? So my fun cannot come at the expense of others but others fun can come at my expense? Good logic.

Talonted Blade

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyonoshi View Post
Title: If you leave AP carry for me

I will do it, however I will not like it.

I will not pick a conventional AP Carry, I will pick an odd AP Carry like Trundle or something.

Why? Because I don't have fun playing AP Carry. You may think the game is all about winning, I think it's all about fun. If you don't want me to play a non-conventional AP Carry, well then take it yourself.

amidoinitrite?
No because there is no logical reason to think that trundle would work as an ap mid.

Had you said Trist then yes you would be doing it right.

Phil Nye

10-08-2012

Quote:
I was not in any way belittling you or your choice! Just commenting on Riot having stuck the recommended tag on her based on when she USED to be pretty good as a 100% afk support, but after the last six thousand nerfs she has to be active or risk complete obsolescence in a game.

Soraka is actually my guilty pleasure - finishing people off with a banana is the best moment in League, only bettered by finishing people off with a CRIT banana. I was so sad when they removed base crit chance, I used to get a kill every game or two as battleraka just due to that. Just makes me sad to see people playing her 100% passively when she's soooo good when played with VERY calculated aggression.
Except your carry gets mad at you for taking the kills... :\

It's so funny though, I think the support I've seen with the most infamous track record of getting the last hit in by accident is Sona. Her slow AA/harass spell always seems to slip in the last blow on someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonted Blade View Post
No because there is no logical reason to think that trundle would work as an ap mid.

Had you said Trist then yes you would be doing it right.
The Wizard Lizard is where it's at.

Crumblerumble

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonted Blade View Post
You assume a lot for no reason.

I play any role seriously, that doesn't mean I am going to play who you want me to play.

I leave all the farm for my ad carry.

I do not push the lane.

I ward.

Malzahar is actually a legitimate support, his harass is ridiculous and his ult is amazing. His W is where most of his damage comes from and it's an EXTREMELY high base. His ult still works as a support.

How is using something that YOU think is bad assissting the enemy team?
malz does nothing to really support his ADC, he's easily countered by an item, and his lack of mobility, sustain, and crowd control (levels 1-5 even than his ultimate leaves him immobile). doesn't really lend him to a support role. A cho gath would probably make a better support than malz to be honest.

That lack of any mobility, sustain, and early crowd control makes him a liability to his laning partner as he doesnt have much outside of exhaust to peel for his ADC, and he's not helping his ADC scale into the late game.

If you're trying to do a push strategy and have talked about it with your team about it i can see malz doing a hard push early 2v1 strat but honestly sayings he's a legit support is far from the truth

Drukai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Personally, I like Rengar support (but he's always banned too!)

Tried it out in a couple normal games... It's BRUTAL, stand in the bush and completely deny the other ADC. You don't even have to have the intent to kill, just knowing that you're there is enough to make most players hesitant to step out... and then they do. We dropped an Ashe from 100% to 0 in under 1 second... It was so fast I thought she may have flashed out of LoS somehow!

It doesn't require any items really, and once you have a big enough lead, steal a bit of CS, get your rank 1 boots and Sheen, then go be the evil cat man to the other lanes.

Other fun "non-standard" support champs... Nautilus, Darius, Teemo (I can't get him to work, but it makes sense!), Fiddlesticks, Garen, Mundo (If you're good with your cleavers, Mundo is INCREDIBLY strong in that spot.)

Drukai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nye View Post
Except your carry gets mad at you for taking the kills... :\

It's so funny though, I think the support I've seen with the most infamous track record of getting the last hit in by accident is Sona. Her slow AA/harass spell always seems to slip in the last blow on someone.
As long as you guys keep thinking it's on accident, we'll keep on supporting you

Crumblerumble

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukai View Post
Personally, I like Rengar support (but he's always banned too!)

Tried it out in a couple normal games... It's BRUTAL, stand in the bush and completely deny the other ADC. You don't even have to have the intent to kill, just knowing that you're there is enough to make most players hesitant to step out... and then they do. We dropped an Ashe from 100% to 0 in under 1 second... It was so fast I thought she may have flashed out of LoS somehow!

It doesn't require any items really, and once you have a big enough lead, steal a bit of CS, get your rank 1 boots and Sheen, then go be the evil cat man to the other lanes.

Other fun "non-standard" support champs... Nautilus, Darius, Teemo (I can't get him to work, but it makes sense!), Fiddlesticks, Garen, Mundo (If you're good with your cleavers, Mundo is INCREDIBLY strong in that spot.)
Garen tends to not do well in ranged lanes, and if you can land mundo cleavers you may as well play blitz or leona who are innately more tanky and provide more CC.