If you leave support for me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryswar

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblerumble View Post
i use to do soraka a lot when i was forced to support just because my champion pool was smaller and she's easier to do okay with than some of the other supports.

Honestly though i cant play her anymore i absolutely hate her.
You know, it kind of annoys me that she's a "recommended" support, because frankly playing her WELL is much much much harder than playing Taric or Nunu or even Sona. Soraka needs to keep the bananas going and have perfect map awareness to always ult with perfect timing to turn around fights and save allies; Nunu... honestly, I like the guy, and he's crazy strong, but your job is to keep blood boil on the carry, snowball someone every so often, and occasionally walk behind someone and ult. He's pretty much ezmode support, and don't even get me started on Taric - Taric's big schtick is auras, so if you can stay in the GENERAL VICINITY of the teamfight you're already contributing ~40% as much as a Taric that actually knows how to play the character and when/how to stun shatter etc.

Then again, I love playing Taric for his incredible versatility - seriously, no other champ can work every bit as well as an aggressive support and a passive farm enabler and still scale AMAZINGLY well into lategame with his ridiculously powerful auras - and Leona for balls-deep aggression. And battleraka. And Nunu. Ali and Blitz too, but let's be honest here how often do they not get banned?

Crumblerumble

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
You know, it kind of annoys me that she's a "recommended" support, because frankly playing her WELL is much much much harder than playing Taric or Nunu or even Sona. Soraka needs to keep the bananas going and have perfect map awareness to always ult with perfect timing to turn around fights and save allies; Nunu... honestly, I like the guy, and he's crazy strong, but your job is to keep blood boil on the carry, snowball someone every so often, and occasionally walk behind someone and ult. He's pretty much ezmode support, and don't even get me started on Taric - Taric's big schtick is auras, so if you can stay in the GENERAL VICINITY of the teamfight you're already contributing ~40% as much as a Taric that actually knows how to play the character and when/how to stun shatter etc.

Then again, I love playing Taric for his incredible versatility - seriously, no other champ can work every bit as well as an aggressive support and a passive farm enabler and still scale AMAZINGLY well into lategame with his ridiculously powerful auras - and Leona for balls-deep aggression. And battleraka. And Nunu. Ali and Blitz too, but let's be honest here how often do they not get banned?
I was not familiar with supporting as much at the time and had a smaller pool of champions, so having the option to be a mana battery for my farming ADC seemed like the best option i had of winning. You also don't have to worry about your ADC not following up when you engage were the particular reasons i stuck with soraka.

Bhare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Gotta play support AP sion. Take ap runes, buy a kage's lucky pick. Proceed to lol as u throw a taric stun on crack and it chunks the ADC for 25% of his life and your ADC finishes them off. Best results with graves or corki.

Crumblerumble

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhare View Post
Gotta play support AP sion. Take ap runes, buy a kage's lucky pick. Proceed to lol as u throw a taric stun on crack and it chunks the ADC for 25% of his life and your ADC finishes them off. Best results with graves or corki.
i prefer pantheon, he's a sion with a gap closer and better early damage and his ultimate has a butt load of base damage.

edit:

and especially early game, he's CRAZY strong.

Phil Nye

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriormonkey03 View Post
I never fully understood the Nunu alt thing. I've never really played against Nunu that much and just recently am i getting into some games where people try and form a decent comp (normals around level 20-25). I played against a Nunu Soraka bottom lane (i was graves with a taric support) and man oh man do i see why Nunu is a good support. All that slow, even his ult does huge slow, lets your ADC get in position and then melts their health for you to finish. Soraka was in lane and not an ADC.
Basically blood boil is one of the best support spells for adc whether for offense or more passive farming, gives your adc bonus movespeed and attack speed, while his snowball slows movespeed and attack speed of his target. If their adc gets too close, they're going to get wailed on. I use it a few times with my friend who usually uses Kog or Ezreal.

I usually end up using the ult for saving my carries, I'll either do it in a brush between the opponent and the carry's retreat path, or right before a wall, and then I'll flash over if I can to save myself.

Support nunu is also pretty good at objective control, consume is like a mini-smite for dragon/baron.

It's not that I don't know how to support soraka, it's just that she is pretty boring and bland. The biggest "excitement" usually comes from throwing bananas at your opponent for harass, and silencing an initiation or AP assassin from getting on your carry too quickly. Oracles is also tougher for me to hold on her because everyone for some reason likes to focus soraka more than the usual supports I'll play (part of it is that you don't ever really want to get in range to initiate on Leona, Ali, or Nunu), and her low base health and lack of tankiness (outside of her healing, which I try to save for my teammates) really makes it hard for me personally to use oracles, whereas with nunu it's very easy for me to blood boil, and scour the map for wards. Or for me to be Leona/Ali and make some great initiations.

Kohou

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgrady View Post
This is a complete lack of understanding of both the support role, and the summoners code.

You are a cancer to this game, and so many trolls come from this same mental state.

YOUR FUN is not allowed to come at the expense of others. If you don't like that your fun is being ruined by the others, then too bad. Grow up or don't play. Seriously. Because this is completely ridiculous to feel that way.

Supports carry the ADC in lane, no one will really want to admit that. But it's true, and you not playing a support, gimps your entire team.
No, YOU'RE the cancer in this game. You have a meta cemented into your brain that you think works because you see all the "pros" do it. Nothing you've done has had any reflection of what you've actually felt like doing, and what you thought yourself would work, nor have you ever tried to figure out what could or would work better.

That makes you something called a sheep.

Then you rage at someone the moment they try something new, before the game has even begun and before you can see how they're doing, and you're not even going to give them a chance or listen to their reasoning?

This makes you a flamer and cancer to the community. Your rage makes you toxic and unwanted.

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

If you don't want a bush hugging sustain lane babysitter type of support, go for the fun kill lane support. Leona, Volibear, Nunu, Gangplank, Blitzcrank, and even Lux can do some pretty good work in this field. If your AD carry is too stupid to buy pots and take advantage of your being a lane bully, it's their own fault the lane failed. Not yours.

Have some fun with it.

Cryswar

10-08-2012

Quote:
I was not familiar with supporting as much at the time and had a smaller pool of champions, so having the option to be a mana battery for my farming ADC seemed like the best option i had of winning. You also don't have to worry about your ADC not following up when you engage were the particular reasons i stuck with soraka.
I was not in any way belittling you or your choice! Just commenting on Riot having stuck the recommended tag on her based on when she USED to be pretty good as a 100% afk support, but after the last six thousand nerfs she has to be active or risk complete obsolescence in a game.

Soraka is actually my guilty pleasure - finishing people off with a banana is the best moment in League, only bettered by finishing people off with a CRIT banana. I was so sad when they removed base crit chance, I used to get a kill every game or two as battleraka just due to that. Just makes me sad to see people playing her 100% passively when she's soooo good when played with VERY calculated aggression.

Mega Sceptile

10-08-2012

Quote:
i have to disagree with EVERY role, to be honest i'm horrible at ADC i will not do it in ranked it's not up to par compared to my other roles i can play. My team for the most part after i saw that they don't make me play ADC because sticking someone where they are worse at is never a good recipe for success.

I can't think of a ranked game i've done recently where i went ADC, most people have that one role they are best in, but another 1-2 they can play at a close enough level where they feel comfortable. Putting a team mate into a position where he's not going to succeed. Although there are games where your team will want you to do a role you don't enjoy as much or arent as proficient as you can suck it up and try to play, or you can dodge the game and try to get a team that will build better around the strengths of its players
This.

I'm getting tired of people telling me I need to be able to play all roles proficiently to play ranked. I can play top passably enough, I like playing AD carry, Support and Mid, and I'm terrible at jungling.

I'm sorry. If I can play four out of five roles, don't ***** at me. I'll play Jungle if I absolutely have too, but I always say I'm not too great at it if it looks like I might.

Cryswar

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Prophet View Post
No, YOU'RE the cancer in this game. You have a meta cemented into your brain that you think works because you see all the "pros" do it. Nothing you've done has had any reflection of what you've actually felt like doing, and what you thought yourself would work, nor have you ever tried to figure out what could or would work better.

That makes you something called a sheep.

Then you rage at someone the moment they try something new, before the game has even begun and before you can see how they're doing, and you're not even going to give them a chance or listen to their reasoning?

This makes you a flamer and cancer to the community. Your rage makes you toxic and unwanted.
It's funny 'cuz you come across as easily twice the ****** he ever did.