If you leave support for me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devynity

10-08-2012

I support what OP says (though I say it with some fear of being downvoted to nothing) but he's getting a little too defensive about it.

Personally, I want an accurate elo so I play ranked to achieve it. Many times in ranked I am forced to play support, a role that I hate (I hate the idea of a 0 cs support at all) and get no enjoyment out of playing because if I don't bot will lose and I get reported for "trolling"

So I can either man up and play the role I hate over and over again until I get fed up with this game, or I can pick something I think is fun and lose and lose, which I would be totally fine with if I didn't have to worry about getting banned on my way down to <400 elo.

I kind of forgot what the point I was trying to make was. I guess: Talonted, I know your feel bro, just calm down a bit and try to explain your thoughts a little better.

It's a shame this thread is going to be closed in 10 minutes

Talonted Blade

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venarik View Post
I support what OP says (though I say it with some fear of being downvoted to nothing) but he's getting a little too defensive about it.

Personally, I want an accurate elo so I play ranked to achieve it. Many times in ranked I am forced to play support, a role that I hate (I hate the idea of a 0 cs support at all) and get no enjoyment out of playing because if I don't bot will lose and I get reported for "trolling"

So I can either man up and play the role I hate over and over again until I get fed up with this game, or I can pick something I think is fun and lose and lose, which I would be totally fine with if I didn't have to worry about getting banned on my way down to <400 elo.

I kind of forgot what the point I was trying to make was. I guess: Talonted, I know your feel bro, just calm down a bit and try to explain your thoughts a little better.

I'm just frustrated because dumb asses need everything explained to them 10 times even when I try to be civil to them.

Mega Sceptile

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonted Blade View Post
It's not childish I disagree with YOUR assumption that it is a subpar support champion. How is it freaking childish? Seriously. Explain it instead of just saying it.
It's not my assumption that it is a subpar support champion. Malzahar works exceedingly better with non-support items. This in itself makes him a subpar support champion. I didn't say Malzahar cannot support at all, just that it's not a very good champion to support with. At least other unconventional supports (ie Jarvan, Zyra) have more/better CC, or more tankiness, etc.

It's childish because it's immature to purposely gimp your team when you choose to play something that can be outclassed by many other things, unless you're purposely using it with a specific strategy that your team has already agreed to attempt.

That said, as long as you're playing to win, I really couldn't care, though I would be slightly annoyed. More so if it were ranked.

Dr Plutonious

10-08-2012

This thread needs to be closed...

This is the dumbest bunch of insulting I have seen in awhile on here.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:

Here's where you're different than OP: you realize that troll picks do not work, and that you are tanking your Elo and screwing your team by making them. You realize that you are not somehow smarter than everyone else on the freaking planet, that if 14 million people think a champ is bad in a role, maybe he's bad in that role.

Neither of those things are true for OP. He's decided that given the opportunity, he will pick champs for roles they don't fit at all, and he's convinced himself (and only himself) that this actually works, if only all the "meta sheep" would wise up and accept his exalted wisdom.

Because he's an idiotic ****ing child.

Now you're all caught up on the last 14 pages.

Quote:
It's really not.

Talonted Blade

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericDragon View Post
It's not my assumption that it is a subpar support champion. Malzahar works exceedingly better with non-support items. This in itself makes him a subpar support champion. I didn't say Malzahar cannot support at all, just that it's not a very good champion to support with. At least other unconventional supports (ie Jarvan, Zyra) have more/better CC, or more tankiness, etc.

It's childish because it's immature to purposely gimp your team when you choose to play something that can be outclassed by many other things, unless you're purposely using it with a specific strategy that your team has already agreed to attempt.

That said, as long as you're playing to win, I really couldn't care, though I would be slightly annoyed. More so if it were ranked.
Oh my god the thread isn't about Malzahar support, stop taking it that way.
It's not purposely gimping your team to disagree with them. It's disagreeing with them.

How many times have you seen people go mid eve and some moron on your team who has no idea what they are talking about says "LOL EVE CAN'T MID!" Should the people who started that fotm be banned? No.

Koldheartedjsp

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
Here's where you're different than OP: you realize that troll picks do not work, and that you are tanking your Elo and screwing your team by making them. You realize that you are not somehow smarter than everyone else on the freaking planet, that if 14 million people think a champ is bad in a role, maybe he's bad in that role.

Neither of those things are true for OP. He's decided that given the opportunity, he will pick champs for roles they don't fit at all, and he's convinced himself (and only himself) that this actually works, if only all the "meta sheep" would wise up and accept his exalted wisdom.

Because he's an idiotic ****ing child.

Now you're all caught up on the last 14 pages.

It's really not.
remember, he's never lost a game as support malz so obviously its really good.

Mega Sceptile

10-08-2012

Quote:
Oh my god the thread isn't about Malzahar support, stop taking it that way.
It's not purposely gimping your team to disagree with them. It's disagreeing with them.

How many times have you seen people go mid eve and some moron on your team who has no idea what they are talking about says "LOL EVE CAN'T MID!" Should the people who started that fotm be banned? No.
I used Malz as an example because everyone is talking about him. -.- My point still stands. Subpar supports, regardless of what champion it is.

And yes, it is purposely gimping your team. Part of the summoner's code is that you're to keep things civil, which is hard when you're choosing a champion that's subpar in that role because you want too, and you don't want to play what the team needs. It's also against the summoner's code to play whatever you like at other people's expense, which is what you're doing by picking subpar supports.

If you're causing a rift in the team by picking said champion, you're technically breaking the summoner's code.

And I'm not saying people should be banned for it. I don't think anyone should be banned for their champion picks, as agitated as I would get if someone decided to pick something that's not seen very often in that role. Just that it is immature to disregard everyone else's feeling because "I don't like the role, so I'll just do what I want with it". Which is the way you're coming off.

Sarkhon

10-08-2012

Quote:
Or I play whatever mode I want?

That's why free will exists.
Ranked is about winning. Don't play ranked if you don't care about winning and don't want to contribute.

Draft is practice for ranked. People play draft pick normals when they want to practice. Knowing you are ready for ranked is when you win consistently with the champion/role you are testing. Don't play draft if you don't want to get stuck playing a role you don't want to play, otherwise you are skewing 9 other people's results.

Blind is for fun. Play whatever you want here. There isn't really any practice going on, as there is no "meta-game" or team composition equality.

Serious, if you get last pick and you are support and you pick something stupid, that's as good as trolling in draft or ranked. The other modes? Have fun.

Samurai047

10-08-2012

Who said you are forced to play a specific role just because you are last pick. Just say before your pick that you don't want certain roles. If they don't listen, not your fault.