Question to league players who wear Gunnars

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cows in Tuxedos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgana View Post
This seems like the Q-ray bracelet BS all over again.
If you feel like dropping cash on a huge placebo effect I can't stop you, but I wouldn't do it.
well, you can get it with prescription

mine are cheaper than my normal prescription glasses which are about 300 bucks, and they're better quality than the cheap prescription glasses

but if you're buying it just for the headaches i don't think it's worth it

Clyonoshi

10-08-2012

They're absolutely worth it if you're a frequent gamer. I got mine for $80 and honestly, if mine broke, I would re-purchase them again. I don't have headaches or dry eyes or anything no more. Don't go out of your way to buy them if you're a little low on cash though, I heard flux works too but I've never tried it.

Asgaard

10-08-2012

I just installed that f.lux thing, and it's 3:30 am here. I turned it off after like 30 seconds to see the difference and it's amazing. This is making me want to get those gunnar things if they're better than this.

Crypsix

10-08-2012

Flux is basically what the gunnars do, but the gunnars allow all light to be less harmful for you.

I really recommend keeping flux and if you really enjoy it and want it for your TV or any other use, get a pair of gunnars. I have been using Flux and it has helped tremendously.

Egotistica

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost02223 View Post
I just installed that f.lux thing, and it's 3:30 am here. I turned it off after like 30 seconds to see the difference and it's amazing. This is making me want to get those gunnar things if they're better than this.
This is the most comfortable computer display I've ever looked at.

Saruyan

10-08-2012

flux is amazing. having it has made late nights so much better.

Crosskillz

08-31-2013

have had prescription gunnars(im nearsighted) for 2 weeks now. tried F.lux and changing settings before with SOME improvements but not as much as the gunnars. i use my gunnars for everything, yes even going outside. usually had a ton of headaches before, havent had one during these 2 weeks. i'd say they do work. rather look silly with amber tint glasses outdoors than having those headaches again. i use them in college, and i usually come home by 9~10pm, and since i live in new york(Manhattan), glasses help a lot with street lights too, those lights used to bother me a lot before.