Diana mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

10-06-2012

Couple questions.

A: She got nerfed a while ago, and DISAPPEARED. Like, instantly. What happened? Did they make her worthless, or at least sub-par to everyone else?

B: In what situations would Diana be a good pick? Like, who does she counter, who does she work well with, etc.

C: How would I go about building her?

D: What's her playstyle? I imagine she plays similar to Akali.

Skilltestingman

10-06-2012

I too haven't seen her in so long, but I saw her yesterday and does some insane burst. The thing is that the q shot is just so important, miss it and most of your damage is gone.

She's not really up to scale with other mids, but still fun and can dish some serious chicken

killa pizza

10-06-2012

She is a good mid but she really needs to wait till she hits level 6 to really shine. Her Q is relatively important and is needed for her Ult. She pretty much counters anyone who wants to poke you with their ranged because at level 6 she doesnt let u go. Its literally like one Q and Bam, Ur a Ranged doing Melee with a Fighter. GG and Super Fed snowballing starts xD

Rykaal

10-06-2012

I don't really see her mid often, I usually see her jungle when someone picks her. Either her mid lane performance got nerfed, or she just does a ton better as a jungler (which I play her as).

answers to your questions.

A: She is still a great pick, insane damage, impossible to escape from, but 90% of her damage is about landing her Q. which in some cases won't be easy.

B: She is a great counter to champions with no reliable escape. (Brand / Malz)

C: She is generally built like most AP assassin types, Sorc shoes or Merc treads (depends on situation) / deathcap / rylai's / void staff. and for jungeling, throw in a wrigles lantern.

D: Her playstyle is a "get in the enemies face and glue yourself to it" style, with 2 gap closers if you land your Q, and an AoE pull in. She is also somewhat durable if built for it.
(and her shield is awesome for jungeling)

Her weakness is no escape move. So if you jump on someone, and they fight back harder, its going to be bad.

303Devilfish

10-06-2012

the nerf was a bit too much of one. she went from being vastly overpowered to being somewhat underpowered.

i actually refunded her because of that. and because i wanted rengar. but that's beside the point.

IGotCareless2

10-07-2012

She seems like she's pretty strong still, since she was used to great affect at the most recent TSM invitational. She just Qed, ulted, Eed, and Wed. Locked the entire team up for a couple seconds and proceeded to jump on top of the ADC and refuse to be peeled.

fr0st2k

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

I've been playing her a lot recently.

Still completely dominate with her...

I go jungle: boots +3 pots.

Can easily gank at 3 if they are over extended.

Curiously, most of my original builds turn into guides (people steal um? lol no. but they defintely figure it out later).

The build i've been using focuses on sorc boots -> athenes grail. CD reduct is obviously important, and she has mana issues early game when blue isn't up.

Then AP AP AP. usually i'll go abyssal scepter into deathcap...but if im dominating, i might just go deathcap first. Then whatever you need to fill.

Pebu

10-08-2012

I main Diana and Teemo.

Diana is VERY much a viable mid laner.

Megaatrox

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykaal View Post
I don't really see her mid often, I usually see her jungle when someone picks her. Either her mid lane performance got nerfed, or she just does a ton better as a jungler (which I play her as).

answers to your questions.

A: She is still a great pick, insane damage, impossible to escape from, but 90% of her damage is about landing her Q. which in some cases won't be easy.

B: She is a great counter to champions with no reliable escape. (Brand / Malz)

C: She is generally built like most AP assassin types, Sorc shoes or Merc treads (depends on situation) / deathcap / rylai's / void staff. and for jungeling, throw in a wrigles lantern.

D: Her playstyle is a "get in the enemies face and glue yourself to it" style, with 2 gap closers if you land your Q, and an AoE pull in. She is also somewhat durable if built for it.
(and her shield is awesome for jungeling)

Her weakness is no escape move. So if you jump on someone, and they fight back harder, its going to be bad.

Diana mid is 10x better than her jungle. I jungled 2 times with her after she came out. Avg like 4/5/10. Then I put her down until about a week ago, played her mid. 18/0/2. Followed by 3 insane solid carries after that. She is one of the strongest mids atm. Morg / Diana / Syndra allllllllll dayyyyyyyyyyy