The Inherent Problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Ambássador View Post
And yes well... Viktor is known to be a bit of a hothead at times. He doesn't exactly think before he writes at times which causes some... complications. :3
I'm aiming to resolve this at a gradual pace. It's not going to be a quick and easy turn around, but the intent on my part is there.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrí Kumiho View Post
It's unfortunate for the newer people who wish to join, but maybe there should be a stickied thread for 'Newbies', where they can discuss potential characters and introduce themselves? That way they don't have to start a new thread.
I tried....

Ask Tyrant Swain

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
I'm aiming to resolve this at a gradual pace. It's not going to be a quick and easy turn around, but the intent on my part is there.
Replaced body with metal parts. Next 'natural' step is to replace brain with wires and (potato) chips.

Ask Shenn

10-08-2012

... TOTEMS!! YOU RETURN!!

Hope your time beating the **** out of Handsome Jack went well.

And yea, I agree with you. I really don't appreciate people walking into other threads and start correcting people. I never go into their threads and criticize them, and I feel like it's a harsh thing to do.

I don't really have any ideas at the time, but if I come up with an idea, I'll be sure to pitch in.

Ask the Kumiho

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
The title is somewhat misleading. In a lot of other forums, there's usually a thread titled "Introduce Yourself Here!" which is a lot easier to find than "Character Development!" Though it's good that you tried, people don't randomly click on threads unless the title is relevant to their interests.

Ask the Herald

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shenn View Post
... TOTEMS!! YOU RETURN!!

Hope your time beating the **** out of Handsome Jack went well.

And yea, I agree with you. I really don't appreciate people walking into other threads and start correcting people. I never go into their threads and criticize them, and I feel like it's a harsh thing to do.

I don't really have any ideas at the time, but if I come up with an idea, I'll be sure to pitch in.
So you think that leaving big issues alone and allowing a problem to facilitate is preferable to speaking out against something you don't approve of?

Then America would have used the Atomic Bomb again after WWII, because if people didn't have such moral compunctions against using such extreme measures then it would have been alright.

Criticism can be a beneficial thing, you know. It's not like the world is going to explode if someone voices dissatisfaction with a facet of your roleplaying. The problem is when people start labeling the valid facts you present against a certain direction as biased opinion.

TotemsTea

10-08-2012

Viktor, I honestly don't know if you're trolling or not. The problem I am trying to address has nothing to do with atomic bombs, or even (actually related to the boards) if you or anyone else approves of another's roleplay.

Criticism can be a beneficial thing, but on these boards criticism tends to be the mask people put on harassment.

I'm curious though what real problem you think is being ignored here.

TotemsTea

10-08-2012

Quote:
The title is somewhat misleading. In a lot of other forums, there's usually a thread titled "Introduce Yourself Here!" which is a lot easier to find than "Character Development!" Though it's good that you tried, people don't randomly click on threads unless the title is relevant to their interests.
The thread I propose is more of an OOC database of roleplayers, which I think would better be in line with 'Introduce yourself here' as it would (hopefully) be a means to connect people with roleplayers they will enjoy roleplaying with.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:

It isn't an introduction thread. it is a 'here's where you get help to make your character thread'.

TotemsTea

10-15-2012

This link is relevant and prompted me to bump this. (In an unrelated thread.)

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...71757#30271757

Please be excellent to each other, folks.