Why is top AD Poppy so underplayed in low ELO?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shepard07

Senior Member

10-08-2012

She literally stomps come late game if you know how to farm and can win a 1v3 hell even a 1v5 with little to no CC with ease criting 1k then 1.5k with that Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerasDominicus

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Because even on Low ELO people stomp poppy during lane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shepard07

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyriacos View Post
Because even on Low ELO people stomp poppy during lane.
That's why I freeze my lane and have double the enemys top CS by 20 minutes in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeartlessXiao

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyriacos View Post
Because even on Low ELO people stomp poppy during lane.
That's funny, because not even high elo players can stomp poppy in lane.

Poppy is not completely helpless in lane. She wins MANY matchups, especially against AD champs. Her hardest lanes are ones with true damage (Irelia, Olaf).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Her early game is just difficult for a lot of people, they want to run into things like they do late game, but they want to do it early and it usually gets them killed for having lower base stats than other newer champs.

Anyone with range will kill her
Anyone will highsustain or low CDs will kill her
Darius is the only common top I can think to send her against, viably, so she's just a counter pick really.

I still love her as a champ, her kit is great and is somewhat game breaking. Just in 1v1 situations early game, she's not going to have a good time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shepard07

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessXiao View Post
That's funny, because not even high elo players can stomp poppy in lane.

Poppy is not completely helpless in lane. She wins MANY matchups, especially against AD champs. Her hardest lanes are ones with true damage (Irelia, Olaf).
My biggest opponent yet has got to be Jax. He just does too much damage on my squishy ass. Olaf and Irelia are usually aggressive and push hard resulting in ez mode farming under tower for me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerasDominicus

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessXiao View Post
That's funny, because not even high elo players can stomp poppy in lane.
Yeah but we are talking about Low ELO . Why is a poppy player low ELO in the first place?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shepard07

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
Her early game is just difficult for a lot of people, they want to run into things like they do late game, but they want to do it early and it usually gets them killed for having lower base stats than other newer champs.

Anyone with range will kill her
Anyone will highsustain or low CDs will kill her
Darius is the only common top I can think to send her against, viably, so she's just a counter pick really.

I still love her as a champ, her kit is great and is somewhat game breaking. Just in 1v1 situations early game, she's not going to have a good time.
Which is why you freeze farm under tower..

I'm guessing this is why she's underplayed. People don't want to risk her early game. All you literally have to do is farm till you get TF, roam and get some kills, get PD, then boom once you get IE literally no one can stop you.

It may sound like a weird build, but trust me at low elo this is a pubstomping build.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shepard07

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyriacos View Post
Yeah but we are talking about Low ELO . Why is a poppy player low ELO in the first place?
my mistake, took it the wrong way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginko

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard07 View Post
She literally stomps come late game if you know how to farm and can win a 1v3 hell even a 1v5 with little to no CC with ease criting 1k then 1.5k with that Q.
Implying people at low elo know how to farm lol... You answered your own question.

Her laning phase is awful no matter what you say. You "doubling someone's CS by 20 minutes" has nothing to do with the champion picks and more to do with skill levels. Additionally, people at low elo are bad at managing her ult. They prematurely pop it before engaging instead of engaging --> popping it. They pop it on the wrong targets and don't capitalize on its full duration.


123