Can we have a 'Runeless' game mode?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dawnpromise

10-07-2012

Because Runes make matches so unbalanced...

Xtrordinari

10-07-2012

I don't really get excited about grinding out IP for runes either, but I don't think they make the game unbalanced. They allow you to customize your champion further depending on what you want your runes to be. It's the same for masteries. A level 1 with 1 mastery point is at a disadvantage to a level 30 with 30 mastery points, but you're not asking to remove those.

Braeus Faustus

10-07-2012

I would at least appreciate the option for custom games or something (unless it already is an option in custom games, in which case I do appreciate it).

Dawnpromise

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrordinari View Post
I don't really get excited about grinding out IP for runes either, but I don't think they make the game unbalanced. They allow you to customize your champion further depending on what you want your runes to be. It's the same for masteries. A level 1 with 1 mastery point is at a disadvantage to a level 30 with 30 mastery points, but you're not asking to remove those.
No they don't. They're fairly cookie cutter for the most part and they unbalance champion stats at low levels of the game (Not summoner level, champion level) Frankly I feel runes would serve better if they were just baked into the champion so they could be properly balanced as opposed to the current false customization method.

Baltheir

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnpromise View Post
What are you talking about?? Runes are earned, if your opponent has more rune slots available, that just means that he's earned them and has more experience than you.

And quite frankly skill trumps runes unless of course you and your opponent both are at lvled skill caps.
When i started i was kicking butts of players 5 lvls above me.

Runes not only give players an advantage in the game, but they also help distinguish the achievements of seasoned players from the not so seasoned.

Friesguy

10-07-2012

Runes allw for more customization on champs that'll differentiate them from other champs. Hecarim and Skarner like Movement Quints, like how Vladimir likes Spell Vamp Quints etc. etc.

Bunnymo chan

10-07-2012

By your logic, we might as well get rid of masteries too.

Face it, you are just a cheap *******, who does not want to grind ip for runes and rune pages.

GreatSagez

10-07-2012

Quote:
Lmao your joking right? Champions with out runes are all overpowered..runes allow you to make balances to the areas that your champion lacks so to speak..I dont think anyone wants rengar going around one shoting people at lvl 2 and trynd going around rampaging and syndra over powering you in a lane..Runeless matches should just stay in custom games if you dont get trolls who will put runes on for the lulz

Anna Sachae

10-07-2012

False customization?

Some runes are fairly standard - AD or armor pen on ADC's, for instance. Flat AP on mids. Armor on ANYONE. However, there's an obscene amount of very real variation in each player's individual runepages. Who uses AD on Irelia? How about attack speed? Armor pen? Something wild, like armor reds so you can health/level your yellows? It's an incredible plethora of different options, and people TAKE these options.

I use magic pen reds on Shyvana. Why? Because about half of her damage is magic, and I like optimizing that part of her. Makes her hard to counterbuild. Few people do that - most go attack speed or attack damage or armor pen or tank or like twenty other things.

I dunno what this "false" customization is.

magna200

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
No they don't. They're fairly cookie cutter for the most part and they unbalance champion stats at low levels of the game (Not summoner level, champion level) Frankly I feel runes would serve better if they were just baked into the champion so they could be properly balanced as opposed to the current false customization method.
baked into the champ? what if you wanted to go ad malzahar? or mana regen lee sin?