Study of Sion (warning, giant wall of text)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RIP Bankplank

10-08-2012

anyone else care to weigh in? i'd love to hear a suggestion for what to start writing for next week

RIP Bankplank

10-08-2012

front page moves quick, i'd be beside myself if i could get a red post before calling it a night (10 pm here in china)

if nobody else feels called to contribute, see you all next week!

WonderBoy55

10-08-2012

Good read, +1 and bump, very "readers digest". I recommend making a tumblr/blog with these posts, they're pretty good and that way people (i) could subscribe via RSS. It's not hard to make either.

I'd like to hear thoughts on any of the following:
Master Yi's binary rolls and perhaps how to fix him
Melee carry viability in general
AP carries as Supports or non traditional supports in general (M5 Zyra pick)
Overlooked/underrated items and items that need an update
imbalances between blue/purple side

Nice post again and look forward to future posts

RIP Bankplank

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderBoy55 View Post
Good read, +1 and bump, very "readers digest". I recommend making a tumblr/blog with these posts, they're pretty good and that way people (i) could subscribe via RSS. It's not hard to make either.

I'd like to hear thoughts on any of the following:
Master Yi's binary rolls and perhaps how to fix him
Melee carry viability in general
AP carries as Supports or non traditional supports in general (M5 Zyra pick)
Overlooked/underrated items and items that need an update
imbalances between blue/purple side

Nice post again and look forward to future posts
thank you kindly for the great feedback. i considered writing these through blogspot or tumblr but i didnt want to have to peddle writing on another website to the forums. i figure that i'm nowhere near well known enough to get much of a readerbase through a secondary website like one of those. i have taken it upon myself to suffer the slings and arrows of the official forums so as to reach a wider audience with the drawback that someone who really likes my stuff may miss a new post.

to remedy this to some degree, i plan to continue posting links to all of my previous essays so you can catch up if you missed something. just run a search for bertboxer periodically and i'll come up

also, good topic ideas. i'll definitely do one of those for next week. check back on saturday!

RIP Bankplank

10-08-2012

last bump i swear

Prussian Blue

10-09-2012

I somewhat disagree with the assessment of Sion. I've been playing around with Sion on and off of late. Yes he wasn't originally designed as a topper or a jungler but the weaknesses ascribed to him are easily papered over without sacrificing his viability as a damage dealer.

Against heavy cc teams I will always pick up quicksilver sash or start w/ cleanse making him virtually untouched by crowd control. Even with these skills his damage output is monstrous and there are some other minor tweaks you can make between merc treads masteries and runes that will wreck alot of people's day.

Where people get messed up when playing with Sion is the fact that he's monstrous slow and doesn't have an easy get away mechanic. He can be kited super easily - but anything that is done to up his mobility is a net plus. If Sion has high mobility and his Q/R up almost any 1 or 2 champions chasing Sion are dead - assuming there isn't some knockout CC on the chaser's part. He can turn a 10% health chase into a kill or two with full health by the end. And that doesn't even account for if there are minions nearby that he can just hit a few times to completely up his health.

da beast777

11-27-2012

Sion really needs a buff/change in his abilities, as he is such an oddly built champ (AD in some games, AP in others). They also need a visual upgrade. No offense, but his skins are awful compared to the new ones coming out, and his graphics are way outdated.