Double Jungle WTF?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghost Story

10-07-2012

Am I missing something because I have seen several games now with the other team running two junglers...

At first I thought they were trolls and I dismissed them but the frequency of it since yesterday astonishing. I have probably seen it twice in the last six months and now 3 times in less than 24 hours...

I have been playing in normals (blind pick)

Im not a very good player but I felt the need to ask this...

Hirumonogatari

10-07-2012

depends on whether you have a jungle in your team. mostly i suspect they had an argument over roles in champ select or some people just insta-lock. it happens a lot and i've done it myself.

if you have a jungle, they have to share the jungle between them and gimp themselves out of xp and gold. that's good for you. if you don't have a jungle, buy a few wards and place them in YOUR jungle. chances are they will try to steal creeps from your jungle so ward, watch out for them and gank them. free game.

panab

10-07-2012

Hi ghost

It sounds like you didnt watch the championchip playoff much?Some team decided to run a jungler support to get 3 man ganks. For exemple taric would follow shyvana around. when the time to gank came, taric would stun and there were better ods for the gank to be successful.

If you are talking about teams with 2 junglers for example evelyne and ww. Evelyne would be bot and start roaming to help her teammates get fed.

Maybe it is just a coincidence you saw 2 in one day? Have a good day

Ghost Story

10-07-2012

Thank you guys that helps.

ThaWiseWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by panab View Post
Hi ghost

It sounds like you didnt watch the championchip playoff much?Some team decided to run a jungler support to get 3 man ganks. For exemple taric would follow shyvana around. when the time to gank came, taric would stun and there were better ods for the gank to be successful.

If you are talking about teams with 2 junglers for example evelyne and ww. Evelyne would be bot and start roaming to help her teammates get fed.

Maybe it is just a coincidence you saw 2 in one day? Have a good day
Yeah basically they saw pro players do it and now they're poorly executing the same strategies.

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

its a long standing strategy that has notoriety every few months, usually after some pro's bring it to bear on an unsuspecting team.

myself and my own play group have been using this strategy for a very long time its fun and dumps on the meta when its executed effectively.

however it needs a competent team and good communication counter warding and warding to run well.
thus the frequency of it is a lot less then it probably should be.

its defiantly not a troll strategy and shouldn't be underestimated.

XxxLumberJackxxX

10-07-2012

Double jungling is fun, but don't try it in solo queue.

Personally I want to run double jungle with a combo of
Singed/Alistar
Singed/Nautilus
^^^ in the above singed gets the XP
Nautilus/Amumu
^^^Either (but not both)get XP
Lee Sin/any of the above
^^lee sin gets XP

OORRRR
Jayce?ezreal/Graves in jungle with Nautilus/alistar/taric.
With one of these three being in a slo lane as well. 2 ADC? YES PLEASE (need a CC support so ganks can actually happen)
Solo lanes would have to have good sustain and manueverability. Vlad, Jayce, Ezreal, Graves, Urgot, Chogath to name a few...

Xajson

10-07-2012

I always like seeing a blitz/alistar combo in jungle it's very funny and annoying. xD

Xajson

10-07-2012

I've been seeing a lot of double jungling lately. It's very effective early game especially if you plan to counter jungle. Makes it so annoying also since if they see opposing team gank early they will easily steal red/blue buff. Other than that though you have to be very active in lanes still because like any regular jungle you will fall off late game if you don't gank as much. You should try with a friend it's fun. )

Goaticus Maximus

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Story View Post
Am I missing something because I have seen several games now with the other team running two junglers...

At first I thought they were trolls and I dismissed them but the frequency of it since yesterday astonishing. I have probably seen it twice in the last six months and now 3 times in less than 24 hours...

I have been playing in normals (blind pick)

Im not a very good player but I felt the need to ask this...
Double jungle doesn't work at all because it leaves your adc exposed bot, unless you opt to send them top which I'm pretty sure your soloqueue match isn't doing. That being said it completely starves two people on your team especially after the jungle nerf, unless of course they can work together to completely shut out the enemy jungler and pull off some solid ganks inbetween, would be interesting to see a tournament team do it.

If you are looking for High Elo Tips, Tricks, and Guides check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/drwaddy