@Reds - Cait's traps

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HasturHastur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masicham View Post
Tristana can jump over Event Horizon without getting stunned.
Event horizon pings once every quarter second. If during that cycle a champion is within the area of effect of event horizon, you get hit by a stun. Most jumps are fast enough to get through it with perfectly lucky timing.

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egotistica View Post
Since as of now, Khazixtan has a leap that is superior to Tristana's in every way imaginable other than the slow.

Longer range-> check
Refresh on kill or assist-> check
Larger AoE-> check
AD scaling-> check
Better early game?..... Not check.

Ranged auto attacks? Not check.

His is initiation, hers is burst/escape.

Thryale

10-07-2012

I am no programming expert, but would it be too difficult to add some checking statements to said traps and jumps? For instance, a jump is merely a 'type' of dash, well a normal dash would be snared, so why not add an identifier that checks to see if this particular 'dash' is a 'jump.'

For example, if shen dashes through caits trap, while dashing, it checks "is this dash a jump?" "no" so shen gets stunned. But if trist jumps over the trap it does a check "is this dash a jump? "yes" and trist can continue to sail over it.

Would this be possible? or would it affect performance too much to constantly be doing all this check statements?

Adumu

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
That might be, but it's easy for me to double check.
It also happens to Tristana, so please bring her up aswell.

HasturHastur

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thryale View Post
I am no programming expert, but would it be too difficult to add some checking statements to said traps and jumps? For instance, a jump is merely a 'type' of dash, well a normal dash would be snared, so why not add an identifier that checks to see if this particular 'dash' is a 'jump.'

For example, if shen dashes through caits trap, while dashing, it checks "is this dash a jump?" "no" so shen gets stunned. But if trist jumps over the trap it does a check "is this dash a jump? "yes" and trist can continue to sail over it.

Would this be possible? or would it affect performance too much to constantly be doing all this check statements?

The most difficult part of doing something like this would be integrating it with the animation. League doesn't have any kind of boolean operator in its engine as far as I'm aware for persistent 3rd dimension calculations. Assuming that league is programmed in an Object Oriented Language, and that all dashes and jumps are part of classes (of which they undoubtedly are, and have painstakingly complex code) it would be possible to segment the class and create a constructor which flips a boolean switch. Then all abilities and attacks must be separated into "ground targeting" and "ground and air targeting," which requires an addition to every ability and autoattack. Finally, abilities which are persistent or depended on a certain XY like yordle snap-trap or rupture have to perform a check at the impact point not only for the XY position, but for the new boolean operator.

All in all, it wouldn't be very demanding on your system, but it's a lot of code for something rather small. Also, it's a very mechanically polar system, which is something that riot tries to avoid because it creates a high burden of knowledge and is similar in certain mechanics to dota and abilities going through BKB.

Boyahda

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narato Master View Post
Love how tristanas jump has been bugged for years, yet the moment when a 6300 IP tanky dps jump has a problem they immediately jump on it
This.

Trist's jump is most certainly the buggiest ability in the game. At least that's what I thought. I figured if they haven't fixed it in the last few years then it must be working as intended.
Oh well gg.