[Champion Concept] Lucien, the Possessed

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darsaj

02-21-2013

Well, after reading The5lacker's review I crunched a lot of numbers and compared them to other champions. I realized he was mostly right, especially about the Health and HPregen scalings. I really didn't realize they were that bad lol.

So I tweaked a lot of stuff. Added a new resource to go along with his Ultimate, instead of giving it a flat Cooldown. Think of it as a reverse-Shyvana thing. The lower his resource is, the closer he is to using his Ult. I guess if it seems too weird it can be re-worked to where it goes UP instead of DOWN. I just tied it to his Lore and gave it a reasonable way to go down (I think it is anyways).

I changed the wording on his Passive. Looking at it from someone else's PoV made me realize it was very confusing lol.

Gave in to the normal arrangement of abilities and swapped his W and E. Made W ratio based on his Max HP instead of current like I had originally had it.

Changed the ratio on his E, now the dash if you were paying attention , from AP to Bonus AD, and buffed the base damage a little.

Made the Max HP Bonus scaling on his Ult linear (did not notice they are always linear, don't know how I missed that) as well as the Cooldown. Increased duration to 15/20/25 seconds.

I think that's all lol. Hope he seems more viable as an actual Champion now.

Darsaj

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
An AoE heal on him just seems...off to me. I'd switch it to merely granting him a buff that provides a lesser version of the on-hit effects on all hits for a few seconds.
Well, if you read the Lore, Vashirik (the Daemon) was a war-leader. Being a magical creature, as well as one who leads troops, it seemed like he would have a way to rally them. Changing it to a buff with lesser returns just turns it into lifesteal, if I'm reading it right

The5lacker

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsaj View Post
Well, if you read the Lore, Vashirik (the Daemon) was a war-leader. Being a magical creature, as well as one who leads troops, it seemed like he would have a way to rally them. Changing it to a buff with lesser returns just turns it into lifesteal, if I'm reading it right
Precisely. Applying such a buff to allies would be a very fitting ability for a demon warlord, no?

Darsaj

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Precisely. Applying such a buff to allies would be a very fitting ability for a demon warlord, no?
Oh, so you meant giving the buff to all allies? It didn't read as so

Dzanio

02-23-2013

Attack Range?
MS should be higher for season 3 (+25)
Some of the scalings look pretty high.
Resource: Should probably start at 100 concentration when you get the bar at 6. Ult is procced every 10 ability castings, 20 enemy attacks, or some combination of the above. Maximum cd on ult if Lucien is never attacked: 20 seconds (assumes one rank in q/w/e, 0% cdr), minimum cd on ult if attacked by a full minion wave (3 shield, 3 castor, 1 siege), and laning opponent, while activating q/w/e 1.25 seconds (first attack from all = 40 lost, average attack speed is .8, so 1.25 seconds before their second attack, 30 lost from facerolling). Note: Likely to be procced even more often in team fights. In all this is a very short cd, much less for an ultimate.
Passive: Seems reasonable.

Q: Would probably make the scaling off of bonus AD. Range is a little short; how wide is the effect? Cd is a bit low; since it’s exceptionally short range it’ll be really easy to land bot passes of the boomerang, also there’s no damage degradation on it from hitting multiple targets. The ability should have a much longer cd due to this.

W: 12% max health likely to be around 480 at max lvl, this is an extremely high amount of sustain considering the 4 second cd. Really fricking overpowered while his ult is up every 1.25 seconds. Cd should be 20-25 seconds. Health scaling should be off bonus hp.

E: Somewhat reasonable when not possessed. Too much damage and range while possessed, second dash should be at ~300 to be on par w/ akali’s ult. Cd is really low for a dash.

R: steroid too high, duration too long. Procs every 1.25 seconds. Overpowered as ****.

Darsaj

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
Attack Range?
MS should be higher for season 3 (+25)
Some of the scalings look pretty high.
Resource: Should probably start at 100 concentration when you get the bar at 6. Ult is procced every 10 ability castings, 20 enemy attacks, or some combination of the above. Maximum cd on ult if Lucien is never attacked: 20 seconds (assumes one rank in q/w/e, 0% cdr), minimum cd on ult if attacked by a full minion wave (3 shield, 3 castor, 1 siege), and laning opponent, while activating q/w/e 1.25 seconds (first attack from all = 40 lost, average attack speed is .8, so 1.25 seconds before their second attack, 30 lost from facerolling). Note: Likely to be procced even more often in team fights. In all this is a very short cd, much less for an ultimate.
Passive: Seems reasonable.

Q: Would probably make the scaling off of bonus AD. Range is a little short; how wide is the effect? Cd is a bit low; since itís exceptionally short range itíll be really easy to land bot passes of the boomerang, also thereís no damage degradation on it from hitting multiple targets. The ability should have a much longer cd due to this.

W: 12% max health likely to be around 480 at max lvl, this is an extremely high amount of sustain considering the 4 second cd. Really fricking overpowered while his ult is up every 1.25 seconds. Cd should be 20-25 seconds. Health scaling should be off bonus hp.

E: Somewhat reasonable when not possessed. Too much damage and range while possessed, second dash should be at ~300 to be on par w/ akaliís ult. Cd is really low for a dash.

R: steroid too high, duration too long. Procs every 1.25 seconds. Overpowered as ****.
Well, apparently I didn't explain some things well enough lol. His resource only goes down when he uses an Ability or is struck by an enemy Ability. His ult doesn't proc every 1.5 seconds, it requires a 1.5 second channel after he casts it. When the duration runs out, he gets put back to 100 Concentration. I had it start at 50 so he can use it pretty soon after ranking it up. Every other Champion can use their Ult the moment they rank it up (even Shyvana starts at 100 Fury when she grabs R), and Lucien's Ult is a tad bit more powerful than most, so I gave it a start-off CD that still gives him the chance to use it next time he duels.
As for his E... what? Akali's Ult has a range of 800. Lucien has 500 range for both dashes (each less than Jax's Leap Strike) plus the 200 range wave after the second dash. It's supposed to be a little more damaging than usual when he's Possessed. That's his time to do a lot of damage. Although you might be right on the CD being low, other than that I didn't think it was bad.
His Ult is supposed to make him a bit more tanky than he usually is. That's why his damage is a little lower than most bruisers now, so he has to build more damage items than tank items, and rely on his ult more in team fights. The duration is high so he can do stay in said team fight, and still be able to chase or duel someone after the major fight.

I think the reason you posted this way is cause you didn't read everything like I said in the first paragraph. Please make sure to re-read over the stats and then comment. TY

Darsaj

02-25-2013

Bump

Darsaj

02-27-2013

Self-less Bumpage

Darsaj

03-05-2013

Yet another Bump

Draginath

03-05-2013

Been meaning to take a look at this champion. Not much to really say on QWE since they are pretty simple abilities in an of themselves. What I like is that, while simple, the way they interact with his resource can be potentially complex. Good usage of his abilities gives him more up time on his ultimate. It definitely makes you want to be in the middle of a fight as much as possible. W encourages this even more. Overall, a pretty solid champ concept.

1234567 ... 10