This game has the worst player base. Ever.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForteEB0

10-08-2012

I can understand how you feel and at times that's just how things are. I was fortunate enough to find some really nice players and friended them. At times my friends and I had people who were mean but we either ignored or tried to steer the team in a positive direction. My only real answer is to play with people you enjoy playing with If you're still looking to play add me as a friend. I'm still newish but like the game a lot so far.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-08-2012

The behavior of the player base is the responsibility of the players. Yes, not Riot or whatever company owns the game, but the players. Riot can give us tools such as the Tribunal or Honor systems, but it comes down to players making the community a better place.

If you don't feel the game is right for you that's fine, and I wish you well in the rest of your endeavors (both those that are game related and those that aren't). That said, know that you can't expect everything to be perfect upon walking into it; you're going to need to make a bit of an effort yourself.

phatmonkey91

10-09-2012

I agree the player base does kinda suck, but that seems to happen with any competitive game. Prime examples COD and Halo, only to other games ive played with overall worse communities. That being said there are plenty of genuinely nice people in this community, in all honesty I try to get as many people as i can to play with that aren't dbags and ignore those who are, and even some of those nice people rage from time to time. I always find it funny tho, that most of those who rage and point fingers are really to blame for issues in the game.

Prime example, I was toplane and our mid was an ap yi who seemed to love to push lane nonstop. I was in a 2v1 lane as singed vs hecrim and amumu holding my own fairly well (tho i was pushed to turret like all the time) wen i wuld be forced to leave lane (nomrally I had no creeps in the area so i had 0 vision he wuld get ganked by my laners and blame me for not calling mia's even tho i said care have to leave lane. It was kinda funny cuz everyone else on my team started yelling at him for pushign his lane so far and not warding.

TehomCD

10-09-2012

It's the fact it's a pvp game. Behavior in PVP-based MMOs is pretty similar to what you see here, particularly in situations where you have semi-anonymity and won't see people again (battlegrounds, whatever).

I have hopes the Honor Initiative might eventually help things as they tweak it, though I've seen just as much terrible behavior lately as I did before it was launched; the only difference to me is now people I see trashtalking have honor badges in their profiles. But maybe things could still change.

MeltedWater

10-09-2012

It's not the fact it's PvP, it's the fact it's a MOBA.

MMORPG's thrive on PvP, yet you PvP with the same people (friend AND foe) day in and day out. You make friends, and you try to keep them.

Even people that are nice to me don't bother to add me as a friend. Like the last game I played, me (playing Alistar) and this Veigar did rather poorly, and one of our teammates (Talon) made sure to keep mentioning it to us. But we stuck together and stood up for ourselves against him...and I thought surely Veigar would add me after the game. Nope. (Maybe I did badly, but he did too. Haha.)

TehomCD

10-09-2012

I played a lot of pvp in various MMOs, and I saw exactly the same behavior provided there was a degree of anonymity, where you wouldn't expect to see the same people again, but could communicate with them. The moment that anonymity disappears like you're describing (seeing the same people day in and day out), you generally see a marked increase in civility, albeit with some people developing very personal grudges and hatreds for one another.

I'd be happy to add you as a friend if you want someone to play with, though I definitely can't guarantee you good games. God knows I've been sucking a lot lately.

phatmonkey91

10-09-2012

I dont understand why people rage so hard... I mean in all honesty most games are lost because people rage and then they are more focused on arguing and pointing fingers rather than playing...

AnotherChump

10-09-2012

I agree completely with the OP.

In my opinion, many LoL players are racist, immature and abusive. I don't know how anyone can enjoy playing a game with so many insulting people in the "community".

Any "community" that tolerates and encourages abuse isn't something I want to be a part of.

It's a pity. This is the second time I've tried to get into LoL, and the second time I'm leaving due to abusive players ruining any possible fun that could be had.

These abusive players talk trash in an unranked, level ~20 game. It's just not necessary. It's not only abuse to me, but abuse to other new players.

I'm done. LoL's a great game. The community, particularly NA, is an ugly, awful place to be and I won't be coming back. You won't miss me, but I won't be the last to leave.

Enjoy your abusive game, if you can.

Creepy4

10-09-2012

There are nice people, but they're harder to find than the ragers. You may not notice a nice teammate if they don't talk, or if you don't talk to them first.

I find It's easiest to play with a team of real-life friends, if you can get one together (these days it's the only way I'll agree to play PvP). Or if you don't care so much about competitiveness, people are generally a lot more laid-back in games played against the bots.

Liawuffeh

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltedWater View Post
It's not the fact it's PvP, it's the fact it's a MOBA.

MMORPG's thrive on PvP, yet you PvP with the same people (friend AND foe) day in and day out. You make friends, and you try to keep them.

Even people that are nice to me don't bother to add me as a friend. Like the last game I played, me (playing Alistar) and this Veigar did rather poorly, and one of our teammates (Talon) made sure to keep mentioning it to us. But we stuck together and stood up for ourselves against him...and I thought surely Veigar would add me after the game. Nope. (Maybe I did badly, but he did too. Haha.)

Perhaps he felt the same way, and was waiting for you to add him to his friend list?

Maybe he's a newer playing and hasn't really added anyone yet?

It's give and take, not take and take.