This game has the worst player base. Ever.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeltedWater

10-07-2012

Every single game I play, it's either someone trolling, or raging at someone for making one little mistake, noone is ever nice to each other. I can't ever find someone to play with all the time, and it's boring playing games with 9 complete strangers every single time. I finally did find someone I wanted to play a couple games with, and I agreed to play a game with his level 5 friend. I was nice the whole time, yet they still deleted me after the game even though we lost which certainly wasn't MY fault. **** that. **** this game. I quit.

TwistWrist

10-07-2012

Meh, MOBA's are like this.

Dota was way worse. Really hard to play it without a group of IRL friends. And even then, there was a good chance that you break some friendships.

ForteEB0

10-07-2012

yeah at times it gets out of hand; some people don't talk (yet they can speak english) and ignore any strategies, others rage or want to surrender at the first sign of trouble, and then there are those that point fingers.

However it's not that bad. I found that a good number of people step up to the plate to take charge when needed or are fine with you taking charge. A lot of people also talk a lot and are very good at teamwork. Once you find these people I say friend them. Then you'll have people that you can trust in matches.

That's what I did and haven't regretted it yet.

CounterSnipe

10-07-2012

Idk, I think the player base is pretty ok. Sometimes people are complete jerks (sometimes I am) but most of the time people are ok.

You should play other online games like HoN... now that place has a bad player base....

CowMeat

10-07-2012

The honor system is going to help the player base. Chat with people in game and send a friend request to those you like to play with. Also, make sure you control your behavior and lead by example.

RyeBrush

10-07-2012

Ample use of the report system and the ignore button. Someone says something unproductive just to be a jackass or put someone else down. Thats an ignore button. If they aren't going to say something useful or supportive I couldn't care less what else they might have to say.

So far the honor system is just something people ask for at the end of the match. Might I also suggest that we don't honor those who request it? Asking sort of defeats the purpose.

Xtrordinari

10-07-2012

There are quite a few communities out there that do have people nice enough to play some games with you on occasion without raging/trolling you in the process. Chatrooms like LowElo, LoL University, and reddit usually have people at least willing to answer questions and sometimes play some games. The player base seems pretty rough if you're not used to a MOBA style internet community, but in all honesty there are a lot of nice people around.

Also in comparision, I've played a fair share of Dota 2 and HoN and I can say that both of those communities are even less forgiving then LoL in my experience.

jloysnenph

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrordinari View Post
There are quite a few communities out there that do have people nice enough to play some games with you on occasion without raging/trolling you in the process. Chatrooms like LowElo, LoL University, and reddit usually have people at least willing to answer questions and sometimes play some games. The player base seems pretty rough if you're not used to a MOBA style internet community, but in all honesty there are a lot of nice people around.

Also in comparision, I've played a fair share of Dota 2 and HoN and I can say that both of those communities are even less forgiving then LoL in my experience.
I played HON once upon a time.

it was terrifiying.

Triysle

10-07-2012

I do agree that there are a number of toxic players in the community. However, oftentimes we forget that it takes two to argue

If you're finding that in every single game, you're having a hard time getting along with your teammates, perhaps you might want to take a step back and ask yourself what the common factor is in each scenario.

I know, no one wants to think they did anything wrong, and I'm not trying to call you out here. I'm only saying that you'd be surprised how many would-be flame fests can be quickly dissolved by simply saying "hey my bad" or ignoring the situation entirely.

Chances are, you make a few mistakes each game. Everyone does. The problem is when someone doesn't want to admit they're at fault, and then gets called out on it by the team. Not only does it pull down the team performance, you also lose an opportunity to learn from the error and become a better player as a result.

Anyway, I hope you don't take this personally, it wasn't my intention at all. I have a tendency myself to rage on a bad day or a losing streak, but ultimately ya just gotta shrug it off and try to learn from the mistakes.

MeltedWater

10-08-2012

I'm complaining more about the fact that noone is nice, rather than the fact that everyone's mean. There's plenty of middle ground there, but that doesn't mean noone can do better than that, does it?

I guess I'm just used to the MMORPG invornment, and maybe should go back to that. Sure, every single MMORPG faces things such as a s*** economy, but at least there are people that are genuinely nice, give you the time of day, talk to you, and enjoy talking to you in Skype and the like. On here, there's not really time to talk to people much in-game if you have to type it.

You guys really aren't making me feel any better abotu DoTA or HoN. Guess I'll go back to the realm of MMORPG's. Mobas just aren't my thing.