Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delphisans

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I've mentioned this a few times, but we are still looking into this issue and will have more information before the start of the remaining games.
Can you tell us what the range of punishments and/or resolution might be if a violation was found?

NeoDeimos

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaithak View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this start time doesn't work for Oceanics either. It's literally the middle of the work day for me in New Zealand, and my girlfriend in Australia has uni classes she cannot skip for the majority of the matches.

Why pick a time that is convenient only for NA? There isn't even a NA team left in the competition!
Because the world is round, that's why. No joke.

Seriously, you want them to start playing in the evening for your time zone? Do you understand what time that would be for the players in Los Angeles? Try something like 2am. Yea, I'm sure you'll get the best quality of play at that time... sigh

It's best FOR THE PLAYERS if they start sometime in the afternoon local time.

TL;DR Stop whining, there are VODs for a reason.

EcksTeaSea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I've mentioned this a few times, but we are still looking into this issue and will have more information before the start of the remaining games.
Just a question, did you guys design the way this was gonna look (screens and all that) or was the venue like that? Either way, bad choices all around.

rDean

10-08-2012

what are the possible outcomes of this azubu frost tsm cheating thing

Skyhawke

10-08-2012

Looks like I might have just missed you RedBeard, but do you have any info on the video uploads of the games that have already been played? School and work don't really allow me to watch many live, but I love watching the games later. It looks like only the first half of day one has been uploaded. Will the rest be uploaded to the website soon? Or is there another way to watch them?

4edgar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

tsm vs frost should be a remake this time to ensure that both teams are not cheated out and won fair an square

NeoDeimos

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk47 View Post
Looks like I might have just missed you RedBeard, but do you have any info on the video uploads of the games that have already been played? School and work don't really allow me to watch many live, but I love watching the games later. It looks like only the first half of day one has been uploaded. Will the rest be uploaded to the website soon? Or is there another way to watch them?
Not sure about Own3d, but I know Twitch has everything uploaded on the RiotGames channel

Warnazz

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Funkula View Post
Honestly, this sounds like a load of BS. What about the pings in the dark right where tsm was, right after AF peeked at the minimap?

People hate being lied to, and at this point, cant take your word for it.
Teams ping the enemy jungle all the time in tournaments and AZF did not ping "right after they peeked at the minimap", an AZF member pinged 2 times around the blue jungle 13 seconds after a member of AZF looked to his right (it hasn't been proven that he saw the minimap).

What most people really hate is how easily people like you can be manipulated.

AriesSmells

10-08-2012

Riot this is so unfair to CLG EU...
I mean all five of CLG was full hp and WE had Irelia coming off GA and two other members at about 100 hp...
I wonder who would win the fight...

LadyAzalea

10-08-2012

Sorry for being brutally honest here, but I am seeing the same things over and over and just would like to say something. Sorry for those of you I piss off, but this needed to be said.

For everyone who keeps asking about what Riot will do with the evidence in regards to TSM/AZF... You do realize the result will probably depend on what information they find? If they decide there was no cheating-- no action would be taken. If they decide there was a chance of cheating, but it can't be confirmed with what all they have- they may redo them, they may let them go. If they decide their was cheating, they could redo the matches, penalize AZF, or flatly DQ them. Once they have gone through all their 'evidence' in regards to the matter in question, they will announce the action that will (or won't) be taken. Let them focus on the task at hand and quit badgering them with questions they very well may be unable to answer at this point in time. They will announce it hopefully by Wednesday.

And for all those QQ'ing about the time being bad for them. The players are currently in LA, California.
The best time the venue could do is 5 pm (as was stated). Do you really want the players starting at oh, midnight or 1 am because that's what benefits YOU to watch the games live? Or do you want your favorite players and teams well-rested and well-prepared for the matches by playing at a reasonable hour for the time zone they will be playing in? I understand that the time is not ideal for all viewers; the players understand that the time isn't the most optimal for their fans either. Fans are important, yes, but without the players this tournament wouldn't exist. Ask yourself what is best for the players before complaining about what is best for yourself and your work/school schedules. No matter what time they start, someone would have a bad time to watch live. Your options would basically be watching tired, ill-rested players gaming at an hour that benefits you, OR, as it stands now, you can watch well-rested, prepared players by either jeopardizing your own sleep/work schedules by watching it live, or accepting that this is the best that could be done in the situation and treat the posted replays as live viewings at a time that IS convenient for you.

Riot has a LOT going on right now with having to reschedule and plan the final playoff matches, look into and address all accusations of cheating, and prepare for the World Championship Finals this weekend. They are doing their best. They are providing answers as soon as they have enough information to do so. (That's better than not answering at all.) They are stressed enough and probably still kicking themselves over what happened on Day 3. Please respect their continued hardwork thus far and give them a break.

Hang in there, Riot. You will get through this alive!