Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ubnik

10-08-2012

Anyone know what would be the reasonable course of action if AZF is found guilty of using the mini-map? I'm not really sure what extent of punishment would be fair to both teams.

ie. Drop the match? DQ from the set? remake?

Dazrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekatonkhieres View Post
It's obvious that regardless of the truth you're going to sweep the cheating under the carpet. Level 1 + looking at the map + pinging exactly where the enemy team is. You can't use weasel words to get around it. They cheated. It's blatantly apparent to anyone without an agenda that Frost should be kicked out of the tournament.

But you won't. You can't and you're just making things worse by pretending to be willing to do anything. You came down on Curse and Dignitas for a ****ing ARAM yet you will do NOTHING here because of how humiliating it is for you, not MLG.
They cheated, a HUGE offence in the sporting world - match fixing. Thats what they got in trouble for, and why they agreed to ARAM.

You sir, are a narrow minded, niave man to think that Frost would have been the only one to utilise these 'resources'. In anycase, it won't be a matter of whether or not he looked, but whether or not it was intentional, or if it was just something he saw when he was looking around. Is he supposed to then not tell people he saw that? No, he'd tell someone, it negatively effects him. Even Reginald has explained all this... i don't believe Azubu Frost should be dq'd. At all.. Neither should WE. It's a poorly designed lay out for the players to be even able to see that stuff. And you're probably only mad because your team lost. But your team is even accepting defeat despite that incident, and have even said that it probably wasn't intentional. If they intentally looked, then I'd agree with a dq. But I'd be even more enraged at Riot if they DID DQ Frost over that.

EDIT: People may also conveniently forget that Azubu did get screwed by the whole lack of organisation in the tournaments structure. They were the only #1 seeded team that had to play in groups. You may argue what you like, but that already gave TSM and all th eother #1 seeded teams a HUGE advantage. if anything, I'd say that was their punishment for this 'cheating'. They'd already been screwed over.

NeoDeimos

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportskidd View Post
I hope they look at both the original and the remake. I mean a lot of TSM fanboys didn't watch the remake and didn't notice Frost's ping near the exact same location, but on the bot lane. They guessed both times and the first game they were right. They didn't cheat from the film I watched.
What film were you watching...? There was no ping on bot in the remake. The mysterious ping in question was on TOP. Stop trying to hate by throwing out incorrect facts.

Here's the breakdown from what I heard/saw:

Game 1 (Original): There was some random ping just as everyone loaded in, you can't really tell where it was as the camera hadn't zoomed in yet. At 0:20, just as everyone was leaving base, there was a ping on TSM's bot tri-bush. This may have been a ping to guess where TSM was, as that is clearly where MF was headed.

Game 1 (Remake): 0:25, the mysterious ping that is garnering all the attention. A random ping practically on top of Xpecial's head just as he was leaving base on top. I can think of no logical reason why Frost would ping at that spot at that time other than to signify that TSM would be leaving base right then and there.
0:35, there were then 3 simultaneous pings in TSM's jungle: blue, mid turret, and red. Who knows why these were made; Frost isn't that dumb to have forgotten where Golem/Lizard spawn. Also, this is the exact time when Jayce saw at least Dyrus and Chaox up top, possibly OddOne as well.
After that, Maokai left mid to toss a sapling into the bush near TSM's wraiths - This clearly disputes OddOne's vlog about Maokai "not knowing what jungle he was in" ...Dude, Frost knows at least 2 of you, if not 3+, are top; Mao's pretty safe to invade your jungle for a few seconds... Mao going into TSM's jungle was NOT a sign of looking at the map.

Also, Frost sent their players to relatively the same positions in the original and the remake. Jayce/Blitz were already going top to ward something (probably tri-bush/river), Mao/Lux were mid, MF was wandering toward TSM's bot tr-bush.

TL;DR There is no way that Frost did NOT look up at the map at some point during/after the original game 1, as that is the only way they would have known to ping the exact spot when/where TSM came out of base at. However, as much as it pains me to say as a TSM fan, I don't believe it had any bearing on the outcome, as Jayce/Blitz were already going top to fend off the top invade before the "looking at the map" would have occurred.

ramlol

10-08-2012

Have you been able to confirm the internet problem was a malicious attack or a hardware failure? I haven't found anything thus far.

liquidcocaine

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekatonkhieres View Post
It's obvious that regardless of the truth you're going to sweep the cheating under the carpet. Level 1 + looking at the map + pinging exactly where the enemy team is. You can't use weasel words to get around it. They cheated. It's blatantly apparent to anyone without an agenda that Frost should be kicked out of the tournament.

But you won't. You can't and you're just making things worse by pretending to be willing to do anything. You came down on Curse and Dignitas for a ****ing ARAM yet you will do NOTHING here because of how humiliating it is for you, not MLG.

Riot was not in charge of that tournament MLG was, riot just supported their decision to dq both teams.

That being said, MLG is very strict on going by the book, and thats a good thing, i hope that riot follows in their footsteps and takes proper action against a obvious cheat.

would set a good example that you cant get away with cheating in Esports no matter where you play.

IMO kick frost out bring tsm in. Is frost better? absolutly! did they need to cheat to win? NO! so the better team wouldnt be going to the semifinals but i dont condone cheating at all, and its a shame they had to do that.

Ajido

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I've mentioned this a few times, but we are still looking into this issue and will have more information before the start of the remaining games.
Will there be an official announcement on the forum here for at home viewers to see and read?

WNxKOA

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaithak View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this start time doesn't work for Oceanics either. It's literally the middle of the work day for me in New Zealand, and my girlfriend in Australia has uni classes she cannot skip for the majority of the matches.

Why pick a time that is convenient only for NA? There isn't even a NA team left in the competition!
Because they have ( how many people the galen center can hold) People paying probably quite a bit of money to come watch 1 best of 5, They want it to make it the best for them, then the streamers are next on list .

timbewol

10-08-2012

Man, don't worry about us. We're getting to watch these tremendous matches for free live in HD. And I have to say, overall, these events have been very entertaining. The only ones really hurt by the technical issues are the teams playing in the tournament.

zZBlackmatterZz

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Unfortunately there is no live audience, but I'm a former Trojan and am jealous you are still in school! Go Trojans / Matt Barkley!!

Ohh we can't be friends any more GO DUCKS!!

LOL!

- Jeff

TheFlyingSpoon

10-08-2012

Very glad you're doing a whole new match for CLG vs WE.