Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KkSpAtRiOtS

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
quick update. We’re writing up a full front page post about this but i want to get it out now that details are decided.

The conclusion of the playoffs will take place on wednesday the 10th, starting at 5:00 pm pacific time. We’re going to be broadcasting from the same venue our world finals are taking place, the galen center, and the players will be competing in a backstage area while we set up the main stage for saturday. Players will be separated with no visibility of the opposing team. Due to the quick turnaround, we unfortunately won’t be hosting a live audience.

We'll once again be streaming in free hd on both twitch and own3d, with the same broadcast production features (player cams, replays, etc.). Casters will remain the same for english, and we’re determining what other languages we’ll be providing.
**** yea

larkhill

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Casters will remain the same for English, and we’re determining what other languages we’ll be providing.
please bring back the russian casters. they were hilarious

Zerglinator

10-08-2012

Quote:
Players will be separated with no visibility of the opposing team. Due to the quick turnaround, we unfortunately won’t be hosting a live audience.
No visibility of the opposing team, you say...

inb4 WE was actually facing 3 Knuckle Fist the whole time.

Balthazzar

10-08-2012

Quote:
Words.
You're talking about Wednesday the 10th, right?

Food4Thought

10-08-2012

Quote:
Quick update. We’re writing up a full front page post about this but I want to get it out now that details are decided.

The conclusion of the playoffs will take place on Wednesday the 9th, starting at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. We’re going to be broadcasting from the same venue our World Finals are taking place, the Galen Center, and the players will be competing in a backstage area while we set up the main stage for Saturday. Players will be separated with no visibility of the opposing team. Due to the quick turnaround, we unfortunately won’t be hosting a live audience.

We'll once again be streaming in free HD on both Twitch and Own3D, with the same broadcast production features (player cams, replays, etc.). Casters will remain the same for English, and we’re determining what other languages we’ll be providing.
so now i have to work, when i took work off for day 2 and day 3 saweeett

not

spacedogg

10-08-2012

Wednesday the 10th?

Omegafilter

10-08-2012

Quote:
Due to the quick turnaround, we unfortunately won’t be hosting a live audience.
What a shame I have weds off I would totally go to that >.<

Playground Bully

10-08-2012

LOL "starting at 5pm" ... I get home by 6pm, so hopefully it won't "really start" until then

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-08-2012
15 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedogg View Post
Wednesday the 10th?
:facepalm:

The 10th is correct! I edited the post to reflect that.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-08-2012
16 of 58 Riot Posts

Also, while I’m here – I wanted to clarify the original post. We’re investigating all instances of reported minimap looking, and reviewing all available footage. This includes the level 1 ping in the Frost/TSM game many of you have pointed out. We’ll have a ruling based on the results of that investigation.