Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Berron

10-08-2012

I feel like when they speak on the TSM/Azubu frost game and other "numerous" incidents of cheating they are trying to neuralize me with their red flashy thing. But I'm a strong believer that forward cams actually do NOT lie, and if he's clearly looking at the minimap (and pinging) you can't tell me that there was some swamp gas and it made a loud noise in the form of a vuvuzela and a bright light and he just had to look at it. Where there's smoke there's fire. Good story with the sound because if you weren't there you have no way of knowing, but I and 90% of the community don't buy it. That's a million dollars potentially and to get cheated out of it ... is unacceptable. Not saying to rehold the matches but don't attempt to neuralize the situation we're much smarter than you think Riot. I do appreciate the apologies, but when you're a TSM fan and to see them get cheated out of something like that it's really heartbreaking from a fans perspective. (sorry to all you Atlanta Braves fans out there, go Cards though). This is more of a vent post then a DO SOMETHING NOW post because what's done is done but man does it suck.

Crunchez

10-08-2012

As I said in a post last night... Give them a chance.. season 1 was more of a ''let see if peoples get into it'' championship than a real one even tho there was good teams already... This year was the first big try...

That was a major mistake of course but Im pretty sure they will work even harder for next year than what they had in minds because of those events

xThaydx

Recruiter

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We are working on an offline LAN solution but it takes some time to spin up. That allows the players to be immune from internet connectivity for the most part.
This was my thoughts exactly. In my opinion, the competing players and those who paid for a ticket to watch on-location are the priority. As a casual player at home, I am happy as long as I get to see the match eventually, even if it's a recording that gets posted after the match has finished due to a connectivity issue. Ideally you want to make everyone happy of course, and I really admire/appreciate you guys for striving to achieve that, but when it comes to making priorities, I'm totally okay being put 1 step below the teams competing.

Sourd

10-08-2012

So their thoughts are??? Get swept under the Rug? no one will look there? Mentality??

FrankyCentaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durdi View Post
This has got to be the most disappointing thing i have ever witnessed in esports.

if you want professionalism look to the international.

this is not to start a dota/lol fight. the international was one of the best run events in all of esports to date.
Was it really? I watched it, it was handled great, but there was never a moment that I was like "WOW they did this SO well!!!!"

Yet, I had that reaction to the first two days of this LoL tournament. I understand and agree with Riot on why they did things differently than the Internationals (ie: no soundbooths, where the casters were, etc,) and I feel like Riot's set up was much better- that is, minus all the stupid **** they did.

I think that once they get their **** together, I'll like the set up more. The scary thing is that they only have like 5 days to get everything together for the Finals, not to mention the rest of the play offs.

Who knows, maybe they'll pull it off, maybe they won't- but I at least applaud them for trying to take what was bad about the Internationals and making it better. They just need to work out the kinks.

Tallanasty

10-08-2012

Just my two cents on a few things:

1. Vuvuzelas and other high pitched noisemakers should not be allowed in the venue. These things make the sport look cheap and are generally not allowed/frowned upon in most sporting venues [security will take it away from you].

2. Sound proof booths please. I know they aren't as 'showy' but after regionals many NA players stated in interviews that they could hear the announcers stating the opposing teams 'keys to victory' and could hear the crowd. This was known, yet soundproof booths were not implemented for some reason is odd, and may seem like you care more about putting on a good show, then making sure the match is as clean and unaffected from the outside world as it should be, imo. The booths would also eliminate the minimap issues.

Altairu

10-08-2012

-gives Riot a big hug-

Jacob Godserv

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoozleDorf View Post
@ Riot--Keep your chins up.

As a fan of e-sports, a fan of the teams, this game, and of Riot, I was disappointed. But I can't feign to understand how disappointed you all must be. It was clearly evident just how much time, energy, resources and hopes you had all poured in to delivering a weekend full of awesome: not just for the fans on site, but for those at home, for the players, and for the sport.

Not unlike those teams that lost, but worked hard to get there, made game plans, dreamt day and night of winning their games and taking the Championship, the disappointment of falling short is heart-breaking. But like those teams, there are lessons to be learned from the experience, and now all there is to do is move forward, learn from the mistakes, and focus on being better next time around.

I watched every minute of every game (and in between) beginning on Thursday, and your production was superb. Your set-up was great, the energy from the 'stadium' translated well through the streams, the flow between matches was smooth and well coordinated. The coverage of the pre/post games was great. There were wonderful interviews and 'interest pieces' that helped create a very entertaining broadcast of a very well executed event. You clearly went to extraordinary lengths to deliver awesome to all those lucky enough to attend in person. There were some truly superb matches played up there on that stage.

So you have a whole lot to be very proud of, and you should keep reminding yourselves of that as you work through the difficulties that arose, and as you move forward towards continuing to deliver all the awesome that you give us day in and day out. I was disappointed, yes, but more for those teams that lost, the people in attendance on Saturday, and mostly, for all of you there at Riot. *BIG HUG*

Thanks for all the awesome you DID deliver.
~DoozleDorf
This was my favorite post in the entire thread. I've watched a lot of tournaments, and Riot really made this World Championships one of the best I've ever seen. The production was so good, I was actually thinking this had a chance of making it to live American TV some day.

And holy cow, did anyone else notice how the commentators kept things interesting with constant analysis for an hour?

I can't say this any better than DoozeDorf, so I'll just say Riot should be proud.

CptFluffles

10-08-2012

is this captain redbeard from gamestop??

Neyx

10-08-2012

I just still feel like something fishy went on during this tournament. Maybe it was all, or most, of the teams and maybe it was just a few already mentioned but I can't really have respect for a winner of a tournament held with these standards. Glad to hear that you guys are aware that you messed up big though. Hopefully the next Riot event will be better prepared.