Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iLeGuillen

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRapid View Post
Yeah the guy from WE was probably wondering "wtf is going on" because the crowds were cheering for ward kills.
They couldn't hear the fans. Sound proof headphones...

AGucciCow

10-08-2012

Don't know why you guys chose not to use booths it would've been so much easier and it would've prevented the teams from looking at the big screen right behind them...

Muaythaipwns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

You also forgot to put, TSM's computers were slow to but they didn't care they just wanted to play, even Reginald said it in his blogs.

ArbatrazSquizz

10-08-2012

Part of me is extremely irritated that this had to happen in the first place for Riot to see this as an issue -- I think to a lot of us it seems like common sense things that have been overlooked.

That being said, League of Legends has done nothing but improve with time and age to the point that nothing else really satisfies me in terms of competitive play right now. As much as I might hate solo Q, League of Legends is doing incredible things for Esports and I can't wait to see how Riot steps it up for season 3.

StrykerSwat

10-08-2012

What about Dyrus looking at the Minimap?

KineticFs

10-08-2012

Are people who did not get a chance to grab a ticket for the championship will be able to get in if they are willing to pay for their admissions?
What are your exact plans for the admission on Wednesday?
I really really really wanted to participate on this championship so I would be able to see those Korean commentators!!! (which I will never get a chance to if I miss them on this season!)
Any plans on realeasing more tickets by any chance?

DrMrStark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Right on, guys. Glad you've figured out everything. Looking forward to the finals on the 13th!

Somber Evening

10-08-2012

I am not going to join the hugboxing. You guys screwed up, big time. Seems to me this was more about "How can we present our company best?" with flashy screens and an outdoor stage than "How can we hold an eSports tournament?".

And first and foremost you guys should not say sorry to the fans. Yes it sucked, yes it is frustrating for us, but did you say any word to the players? To their sponsors? Especially CLG.eu and WE must be crushed. I'd be furious if after 50 minutes in an deciding game, during what could be the make or break push, the game crashes. This has nothing to do with 'We learn how to hold a tournament'. This is the damn fundamental of that event. If you can't deliver that 100% don't hold one.

That being said I sincerely hope the rest of the event will be smooth sailing. Less show, more gaming.

Xulkal

10-08-2012

I love your game and love the tournaments, but seriously, who made the bad call to hold the tournament outside of all places? That's just asking for a rain out or other problems. That also makes it very impractical to house players in a sound proof booth due to the heat concerns.

http://www.amazon.com/brandsonSale-Adult-Dunce-Cap/dp/B000JGAF6Y

Do us all a favor next time and do these 4 things from the start:
1. Offline LAN Mode
2. Team Booths
3. Indoors
4. Have a translator listening into each teams voice chat

TT Dreadnaught

10-08-2012

In the middle of a 1million pot tourney, Hear someone cheer?

BETTER LOOK