Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BEERS FOR FEARS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I was disappointed because I was excited for it, but I know that everyone was trying to do their best to get it up and running again. As someone who has had to do tech work, I know that sometimes bad things happen that you have no control over, and it sucks big time.
It's a learning experience that unfortunately happened at a really bad time, but either way I'm glad you decided to touch on everyone's concerns as well as recognize what needs to be changed. Any other company could say "well screw you guys" and refuse to admit there were some things that could be improved upon next time. Props to the announcers for trying to entertain everyone for every time something went wrong, I sure as hell couldn't come up with content to talk about.
As well, people need to stop solely blaming AF for cheating. Both teams were being suspicious, not just them.

Bendak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Has Riot actually managed to pull off a tournament without screwing it up?

I distinctly remember something a while back about two tournament teams playing a spontaneous ARAM and Riot screaming about it.

gulati

10-08-2012

Riot should really elevate their game plan for Season 3. My recommendation would be an indoors venue, and actual booths where you cannot look behind you, otherwise you see a solid wall. Similar to PAX or The International.

Kitkala

10-08-2012

The sun issues, the screen issues, and the hardware issues. This event was terribly planned. Stuff like this should be done on a private LAN...

Seaux

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
TSM/Azubu game
  • Azubu Frost had a microphone issue that didnít allow them to communicate during the opening of the game. As a result, the game was paused.
  • It was noticed that both teams had players that were shifting their bodies during the pause. Blanket warnings were issued to both Azubu Frost & TSM.
  • Referees decided to issue a restart, as a) Reginald & Chaox had concerns about screen looking and b) Azubuís communications disadvantage could reasonably be interpreted as requiring a restart under tournament rules.
  • No further incidents of screen-looking were witnessed during this match.
Seriously though, that screenshot of the random ping from Frost on TSM all going top was pretty convincing and then the random jayce blast into the bush with the careless invade into TSM's red jungle.

Whether it happened or not, the fact that its even possible has really made this tourney lose a lot of credibility. There will forever be that stigma of cheating attached to it now whether it's true or false. Which stinks for us as viewers.

NinjaIYoda

10-08-2012

Riot we all love the open stage and everything but to me that encourages cheating. For me the thing that needs to happen is putting the timed delay and a way to block the screens from the players. You could move them up or even put a booth over them so they can't see the screens.Also, I hope for season 3 you have an offline client. In short I think captain hindsight was taking a vacation.

irishmn

10-08-2012

I was disappointed that Riot set the tournament up in a way that even provided a chance of cheating. It was a huge oversight that should never have occurred and one which I believe was for the sake of the world's entertainment regarding a game which you watch on a television screen whether you're at the event or at home. I was even further disappointed by the attempts to blow off the possible cheating that may or may not have occurred. It's nice to see you guys step up and admit that it was a bit of a screw-up, and that you're going to fix it for next time. Keep up the good work Riot.

BajanDemon

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
Wait, so screen looking was a valid enough reason that it was a factor in deciding to restart?

And the fact that you said "no FURTHER incidents of screen looking where witnessed" means there was in fact an incident noted, but you still did nothing about the visibility of the minimaps? Even though it was already shown during the pauses that the small minimaps above the teams could be blacked out?
Well put that I felt it was needed to be seen again.

Fareley

10-08-2012

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=871689
and again, here ya go, there was a lot of cheating involved, and i feel like people have to see it.

Keldon888

10-08-2012

Honestly, like any sport, I assume the players are cheating if they can get away with it, and many teams found the need to turn to their teammates and angle their heads upward.

You can't really DQ teams on that basis but i think its very disappointing, and this shouldn't have been possible. It seems like you guys really dropped the ball there when if you sit in the players chairs and look around you can see the mini maps.