Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleBlackSmurf

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenode View Post
Im sorry, but the AZF was OBVIOUS map peaking he pinged where they where exiting literally a second after peaking at the map, it couldnt get anymore blatant than that....
http://i.imgur.com/hntqU.jpg

That's a long literal second.

fatCells

10-07-2012

I heard that the announcer made some comment about how the people on the live stream were "just numbers" and "the only important people were the ones at the venue."

Is that true? Did he say that or is that a misquote? I did not hear this myself.

Justin Nguyen

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhico View Post
Thanks but if it was set up properly this wouldn't even be a problem, please next time make sure they have no chance of seeing the map
It ruined the game and why would they give a blanket warning to TSM? The referee was right there and Dyrus didn't even get to see the mini map since it was blank. It's riot vs TSM, but truth be told I blame riot since if it wasn't out door, the computers weren't crappy, and the internet was secure and they had a blocker everything would have been fine. They ruined TSM's plan. I want a rematch.

IluvWhaleDinMyB

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
we believe the player’s head turn may have been in response to a loud vuvuzela and crowd cheering
Was the crowd and the vuvuzela located above the opposite team's heads?

LittleBlackSmurf

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatCells View Post
I heard that the announcer made some comment about how the people on the live stream were "just numbers" and "the only important people were the ones at the venue."

Is that true? Did he say that or is that a misquote? I did not hear this myself.
All he was trying to say was that he could be casting to 50 or 500,000 people, it would make no difference to him. He is there for the live audience, he feeds off of their reactions and their energy levels (Like anyone doing anything live would do).

SublimeIbanez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Think I mentioned this earlier, but we will be putting up overhangs so the possibility of peaking is removed.
First off, I thank and commend you for even thinking about commenting in such a vulnerable time. Being so brave while the entire community is pissed.. I'm surprised to say the least.

What I want to say is, keep your chin up. I'm in the U.S. Air Force as a CST (Client Systems Technician, basically a computer tech), and when things go awry, we are always, without a doubt, the first ones to get blamed. Nobody will listen nor understand that some of the events that occur we just can't control. It really sucks being in the middle of everything with everybody looking at you for the answers, and not listening to them at the same time.

That being said, I feel this tournament is too little too late. There's too much evidence of cheating going on. There's way too much on the line for something to be looked as "we caught it too late, so we're going on with the rest of the tournament".

What I feel needs to be done is almost a complete redo. I know the resources are limited, and there's not much time, but it's really the only way to undo any possibilities of anything that could have happened. Basically, fix the issues with the mini map, and make sure that everything is up and running, it's on a secured LAN so you can start off again with a clean slate, and go on from there.

Keep on trucking though, life is never easy, and these are just one of those "bumps" that proves Riot will come back stronger than ever.

Dotislav Pro

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatCells View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOBqf-2yYUY

Moebiuz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

I liked how DJWheat could ****alk himself out of the grave if he had to

Dotislav Pro

10-07-2012

Stop defending Deman he really messed up there

Djinne

10-07-2012

Thanks for making this post. The only thing more frustrating than all the issues is being in the dark regarding how you're gonna fix them.

**** happened, lessons were learned, looking forward to some kick arse finals next week!