Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parcher

10-07-2012

We believe the player’s head turn may have been in response to a loud vuvuzela and crowd cheering. We haven’t found conclusive evidence either way and are continuing to investigate.

Best. Response. Ever.
If there was ever a reason to turn your head a guy playing a vuvuzela would be it xD

Makair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-07-2012

I don't want you guys (Riot) to take a bigger blow than you already got but it will happen if you guys don't get some backbone and punish a team that cheats at your grand event.

In the entire post of RedBeard response there was never any talk about punishment about breaking the rules. You guys admitted the mistakes you made but didn't do anything about the teams that took advantage of it (that's what cheating is, exploiting a flaw) and why do I say this? Because other teams played fairly, thats all.

iPromi

10-07-2012

Thanks for your quick feedback RedBeard.
Im sure you guys were in a very harsh situation the previous day and i gotta say, we are all humans. Yes im sure nobody enjoyed it but mistakes and incidents like this happen, to anyone. Im sure Riot will ensure, this will never happen again. This company has prooven that they get over on stuff like that.

Keep up your good work and lets forget this day like it never happened. I wanna keep the moment where deman said HIT THE GOD DAMN TURRET PETE! was awesome

Thanks again guys.
ps; RedBeard you are too cute ;p

Makair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard250 View Post
We believe the player’s head turn may have been in response to a loud vuvuzela and crowd cheering. We haven’t found conclusive evidence either way and are continuing to investigate.

Best. Response. Ever.
If there was ever a reason to turn your head a guy playing a vuvuzela would be it xD
Yes and please turn your head in an upward position and look to the side and not the front where that vuvuzela would've come from...yup awesome conclusion there.

Twillera

10-07-2012

This may be a little late, but when will the moment of silence for the wards be taking place?

Onomatopesha

10-07-2012

Damn that was transparent, nice to see that.

Glad to see you'll take precautions about what happened, i still ask myself though, why wouldn't you guys use a LAN client for tournaments? the risk is smaller, and could lead to a better internet conection management for you guys.

beckdavid

10-07-2012

Reginald wants more than anything than for this "drama" about cheating, overall, to stop. YET they still want to call out Frost, in the hopes that their fans will still believe in them.

TSM doesn't care about you, they are the MOST profitable team right now, and Reginald will do anything to keep it that way. It is all about the $$$ even if it means LYING to your FANS.

---------------
After Reginald calls out Frost for cheating Dyrus stupidly tweeted: http://imgur.com/Sp0ub "I just wanted to make this clear I did look at the minimap after being told they looked which means we'll restart anyways since lv1 is fked."

Anyone with basic comprehension can tell exactly what he was trying to say here: "I cheated after I heard they cheated. Game is restarting anyways."

Realizing his mistake, and probably after Reginald tore Dyrus a new one for the tweet, DYRUS DELETED THE TWEET.

THEN in order to save face, they LIE TO THE FANS saying it was a BLANK SCREEN.

PROOF THAT WAS A LIE:
The screen was not blacked out when TSM looked at it, as you can see here: http://bambuser.com/v/3036077 around 16:53:50
You can see Chaox(I think) and Dyrus looking at the minimap.
http://i.imgur.com/ItBOv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lGzFR.jpg
This was before the remake. However, both teams started exactly the same as before the pause except for reginald, who went to the left lane instead of the middle.
before the pause: http://i.imgur.com/rCqGe.jpg
after the remake: http://i.imgur.com/TO3LA.jpg

IN ADDITION TO THIS: http://i.imgur.com/GrYmr.png While without video/photo evidence, Reginald is CAUGHT WITHOUT HIS HEADSET and tries to quickly put back on.

Not only did TSM perform very POORLY, they also DESTROYED their reputation by blatantly LYING to their fans.

Will TSM continue to be the most profitable LoL team? That's up to you if you keep supporting them after lying to your face.

LittleBlackSmurf

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markanaya View Post
That's my point. Either they weren't noise cancelling enough, and they could hear the shoutcasters saying what is happening, or they were, and the vuvuzelas and the crowd were irrelevant and they looked up at the screen.
There is a difference between 'Noise Cancelling' headphones and 'Sound Cancelling' headphones. Noise cancelling headphones are tuned to cut out certain frequencies, the headphones used could have been tuned to cut out audience noise as well as the shout casters voice. It would also be hard to understand what the shout casters were saying if the speakers were in front of the players (I assume that they were, because if they were not then you would start running into nasty feedback from the mics that were used onstage for announcing the team.) With the speakers in front of the players you would hear the lower end frequencies more than the higher end frequencies and when talking about vocals and articulation, higher end frequencies are your friend, the lower end tends be muddy and hard to understand. If the headphones were designed to cut out that range, to not be able to hear the casters, then a loud sound from a horn would be able to cut through easily. The loud sound would easily make some one turn their head in a time of stress and nervousness.

I'm not trying to say that Azubu Frost did not cheat, all I am saying is that you have to take into account that a loud noise could cause some one to turn their head. That ping on the inner turret is very suspicious though.

HideGoSeek

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We are ensuring these things won't happen for the remainder of Season 2, let alone Season 3. Season 3 gives us more time to battle plan, but we will fix this for the remaining games in advance of our World Finals as well.
I'm currently working on getting my CISSP certification, and am currently hired as an application developer. Looking for more security techs?

DreJBringer

10-07-2012

@riot - Overall, this event has been awesome. Yes, those connectivity issues had to have sucked majorly and all the blame has been placed on riot's shoulders, but thinking about this it as probably just a freak thing that happened. Yes, better preparation could have been ensured, but overall i have to say this event impressed me up until day 3. The stage and games were amazing and it really drew me into the whole scene. I am looking forward to seeing the conclusion of this tournament!