Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Makair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-07-2012

I still don't find this as a strong answer. How can you explain this ping from Azubu Frost?

You can clearly see his head on an upward position, there is no "speaking to teammate" excuse.

That right there is a means to make them remake all the games. The fact that they knew Azubu Frost was cheating from the start was a demoralizing hit that could impact the rest of TSM performance.

I'm not a TSM fan, I just dislike cheating a lot and worse a company that will blatantly let a team cheat their way to victory.

Suien Reizo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Blaqk View Post
Riot, I've been watching MLG and eSports since Halo 2. All I got to say is. Riot, why you no LAN?
No LAN mode because they don't want people hosting their own servers if it ever got out, potential money loss.

So Riot, why you no have tourney only automated game save function for recovery on-set intervals to combat crashes or internet outages?

godmode rum

10-07-2012

another thing dota does right, colored pings...would tell you who was pinging if it lined up with woong. but alas riot is still not learning.

Ace Trainer Eli

10-07-2012

Good to see an official response where OP is sticking around to clear up further confusion instead of just a post-and-run.

Res0lu7ion

10-07-2012

Any clear interaction between audience content and player content should be COMPLETELY taken out. I wouldn't be surprised if soon audience members who are really "spies" for the other team starts giving signals of what is happening, for the player to see in his side sight, next to the screen. Or even a specific series of vuvuzela blows.

People will do anything for 1 million dollars.

Welkowitz

10-07-2012

Seriously how incompetent can you be? You're just realizing now that putting a minimap screen in view of the players may have been a bad idea? My friend was at the event, multiple audience members wanted the minimap screens turned off and you didn't listen. Only after multiple players were caught cheating ON VIDEO have you realized what you did. You still haven't addressed the pinging in the random area of the map or all the other evidence. And this just what we've seen, you have individual player face cams it isn't hard to see where every player was looking at what times. Word cannot express how disappointed I am.

Enmerkahr

10-07-2012

@RedBeard

I think I'm not alone when I say that I wasn't worried about the first remake. Problems can happen, we all know that.

The thing is, why would you attempt so many remakes? Correct me if I'm wrong but, from my perspective, it looked like you guys crossed your fingers and hoped everything to run smoothly. I mean, it'd be another story if every single remake was caused by entirely different things, but that didn't seem to be the case.

It's like trying to use your car knowing it isn't working properly. Everything may be fine now, and you might be able to get to your destination, but the risk of it breaking down... IMO, it's not worth it. I would've been satisfied with "we can't ensure this isn't happening again, the match is going to be postponed" when the 1st or 2nd remake occurred.

I didn't care about the technical difficulties, it's about Riot's decisions.

Care Bot

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
Wait, so screen looking was a valid enough reason that it was a factor in deciding to restart?

And the fact that you said "no FURTHER incidents of screen looking where witnessed" means there was in fact an incident noted, but you still did nothing about the visibility of the minimaps? Even though it was already shown during the pauses that the small minimaps above the teams could be blacked out? All I gotta say is lol 700 elo decision making.
You had me laughing at 700 elo decision making, much appreciated, +1.

Rus

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzazzter View Post
Honestly, if I could see the mini-map screen I would try to peek too. It's kinda hard to resist.
Its like playing splitscreen 1v1, you are going to peek at some point

AxeFresh

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Think I mentioned this earlier, but we will be putting up overhangs so the possibility of peaking is removed.
Was this event planned and made by one person?

Just curious, with all the random issues and lack of foresight.

I guess still being a new company sucks because the employees/regulations aren't as competent/experienced as they could be.

Practice makes perfect I guess, like any other job