Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baby Fantazindy

10-07-2012

Pizza was exceptionally marvelous one can say!

Well Hungarian

10-07-2012

First, thank you for giving the community some information. There were quite a few people upset over these things, hopefully it will calm things down.

This weekend was the first time I have actually sat down and watched a stream...or whatever you call it. Even though you guys had some problems with the last two teams I must admit, I had alot more fun than I thought I would.

The two guys you had doing commentary did an excellent job trying to keep things interesting. I know I wouldn't be able to do the same. Even though I sat there for hours waiting for the game to start, they kept me interested. I watched all the way up until the stream ended.

The fans at the event added so much excitement to the whole experience. For my first event to watch, I often found myself moving toward the edge of my seat in anticipation of a gank or whatever. Hearing the crowd noise begin to swell...and then a burst of cheer when something important happened in the game...it was amazing.

I know you guys at Riot are disappointed with what happened, but I can tell you from my own experience here at home...you guys did a hell of a job. Even though there were problems I still enjoyed my first experience watching one of your major events and I am looking forward to continue watching.

Keep up the good work Riot, and thank you for the great experience.

Freshwalrus

10-07-2012

Quote:
BelligerentGnu:
One thing I wanted to mention about the format, redbeard -

non-regional winner = round robin play = minimum three games streamed

regional winner = single elimination = minimum two games streamed.

I barely got to see the teams I wanted to watch. :/

Think about how long the group stage would be if they all had to play best of threes.

that would be 36 max games per group and there were 2 groups, meaning 72 max games would have to be played...

the group stage had 12 games to be played and that lasted almost the whole day.

Berglekut

10-07-2012

This completely ruined the all mightu Season 2 and I am beginning to question League as an esport. This is a learning experience but some individuals, not naming names, were totally screwed of an amazing opportunity solely due to the stage setup and having the ability to peak, which is beyond obvious at this point. The blind pings on the exact location of the entire team 13 seconds after the peak come on now Riot, beyond disappointed.

Orshabal

10-07-2012

its easy to make like a Box to make this more Legit...

also, if someone from the guys use a vuvuzela or cheer.... its in front of the players... not backwards....

Vialley

10-07-2012

1 Get better host they look so unprofessional not a girl thats wearing something id expect a girl from hooters to wear
2 get a better stage organizer
3 get a new Ref's
4 get more/better Shoutcasters the current ones arent bad but there voices arent exciting or energized they feel numb and boring

Sarkhon

10-07-2012

First thanks for addressing the fact that we had issues.

However, did you interview the two teams in question (TSM and Frost) to see what they thought of the situation? TSM has publicly said any "peeking" by them was because they had a concern regarding it, and that they believe Frost gained an unfair advantage by the screen peak.

I actually normally am against any kind of "zomg we got cheated" claims, but I've watched a ton of vods on both teams, and Frost doesn't normally Jayce shoot that ball. They hadn't previously in the tournament, and TSM never goes into that bush. Also, the Maokai waltzing into the jungle like he knew they weren't there... that also does not happen at professional level play. The perfectly timed ping of exactly where TSM was 20 seconds into the game before ANY vision had been there... it's completely obvious. The pause, the look... this was a huge advantage and caused a potentially game changing play to not even be able to be attempted. This is huge...

For the record, I greatly dislike TSM, so it's not even faboyism, and I generally like Azubu Frost. However, I feel like they may have gotten away with murder, and anything less than a stern warning of any future speculation of cheating will not go unpunished, is simply not enough.

Psyduck

10-07-2012

Quote:
RedBeard:

Team WE/CLG.eu game

[*]We’ve reviewed the existing footage and firsthand accounts from our referees, and we believe the player’s head turn may have been in response to a loud vuvuzela

Vuvuzela crew officially denies these allegations.

http://i.imgur.com/4Nf7H.jpg

LittleBlackSmurf

10-07-2012

Quote:
Markanaya:
Just like to point out how the headsets are supposed to be completely sound-canceling, yet RedBeard said in the OP that the guy from WE could have been reacting to a vuvuzuela or crowd cheering - both of which are sound based entirely.

I doubt that they were completely noise canceling, there is also the potential for noise to sneak into their microphone depending on the type of microphone that is used on those headsets.

Zetasphere

10-07-2012

So you can "learn" from DotA in the creation of the game but can't learn from DotA in terms of tournaments? I'm pretty sure the answer to all your problems were solved while PAX was going on at the DotA 2 Internationals. Why didn't you learn from that? Why is there an apology now, a day later, telling us that you screwed up? We knew that already. Thanks for telling us you'll get better. I'm glad because it's hard to be worse than yesterday.

And I'm glad someone came in here (finally) to take the heat for it. Took too long (in my opinion) but at least someone showed up. I think the question that needs to be asked is if Riot Games and League of Legends is ready to be as big as it is and as big as you want it to be. If it's ready, it better be ready each and every single day, championship or not. If it's not, don' tell us it is.