Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corwynt

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olyps View Post
guys GUYS. Don't forget that this is not just RIOT's tourney, we're the audience too and we're a big part of it. They're having problems so instead of kicking them while they're down and pointing fingers let's bring it in and remember we're all here for the same reason. Everyone come together and e-hug for RIOT.

We know you at RIOT will work hard to do your best for us! *e-hug*
But having the minimap in plain view was such a collosal error and it should have been so blatantly obvious. Thats is not having problems that is not having any common sense in a situation where a obvious mistake could have just cost someone big.

Baseraper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Think I mentioned this earlier, but we will be putting up overhangs so the possibility of peaking is removed.
RedBeard, as a fellow beard grower I already had respect for you. This post is a great way to communicate that things are being done to prevent issues... A quick thought and something that might make it more simple... Just put the opposing teams mini map behind the team the back drop behind the players would prohibit them from looking at it period (keep in mind this is without full knowledge of the surroundings). Just a thought, as a small business owner myself I know that unforseen events occur often and can be costly and I know riot was very generous to those in the crowd which was really cool but also expensive... Maybe my idea could work and save you guys some coin. Good luck with the rest of the event and props for stepping up and taking the blame for something really out of your hands.

Advisorcloud

10-07-2012

I'm going to miss the vuvuzela going off every time somebody clears a ward.

Freshwalrus

10-07-2012

Redbeard, are you aware of how grossly unprofessional and how completely ignorant Deeman's comments were for a man in his position?

Video for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOBqf...p;feature=plcp

I don't really care if it was a long day, not everyone could get tickets for the playoffs because they were sold out or because they couldn't afford to go. Those viewing at home are the ones that built you guys up. Without those viewing at home, you would have no casual audience to care about who won a tournament. Your game would not exist at the level it currently is, wthout the millions of views you get for a livestreamed event.

I have been in stagecraft for many years and have had my fair share of collosal pigscrews that have ruined a show, but never have I ever walked out from backstage and told the audience watching at home that they do not matter. There is absolutely no excuse, even if it was a joke. His reddit post just hours later is also complete ****** baggery, plays it off like who doesn't give a **** about what we think and he doesn't give a **** if we are angry about his comments, seriously ****ed up.

Before the two major proponets of the cheating scandal surfaced, before the connectivity issues and before the hardware malfunctions, you guys ran a completely awesome show. I mean it, it was absolutely smazing from a technical, professional and from enterianment's aspect, really bravo. I know you have previously addressed the issue and i would not expect or really want you to tocuh on it again but, in all honesty, whos idea was it to have the opponent's minimap even remotely visible at a tournament with such high stakes. What if i was at any card game with the player's hands displayed on screens for the live/at home audience to see, and all the opponent had to to was look around curiously and then just happened to see his opponent's hand...It should have even been a thought, just like putting your opponent's minimap on display for the enemy to see.

Idk I'm just amazed at the lapse in judgement when it came to the screen issue, and Deeman's comments.

In short, Deeman is a dick and forethought was not a common theme at this tournament.

Food4Thought

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAres View Post
So, If after the investigation you find that one of the teams was cheating, then how will you proceed since the TSM/Azubu match is already over?
they will deny it and throw it under the rug..

bury the evidence and move on

its what riot does, they are much like magicians.

illusions to the eye, they will try to get you to look to the left while on the right they are stuffing a rabbit into a hat.

MehKak123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Every ref and official at the tournament sucks, You guys should be posted at the same level as the replacement NFL Refs. In no matter you should ever be at these games, you should be fired, never allowed to ref another game and go get some laser eye surgery. KThanks GFYourselves

Redrowen

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshwalrus View Post
Redbeard, are you aware of how grossly unprofessional and how completely ignorant Deeman's comments were for a man in his position?

Video for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOBqf...p;feature=plcp

I don't really care if it was a long day, not everyone could get tickets for the playoffs because they were sold out or because they couldn't afford to go. Those viewing at home are the ones that built you guys up. Without those viewing at home, you would have no casual audience to care about who won a tournament. Your game would not exist at the level it currently is, wthout the millions of views you get for a livestreamed event.

In short, Deeman is a dick.

Suck it up. Your little world may be shattered by this... but you are just a number watching in.

Corwynt

10-07-2012

Just think, you could have paid tickets to watch a best of three set go seven hours and not get finished

SpamMasubi

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAres View Post
So, If after the investigation you find that one of the teams was cheating, then how will you proceed since the TSM/Azubu match is already over?
DQ the cheating team and let the opposing team proceed.

jok3r 101

10-07-2012

seriously that naive to think a player was turned to look at the crowd and not the mini map? seriously WAKE THE **** UP.( sorry for the language)