Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penguin Portship

10-07-2012

Problem: Internet connectivity issues.

SOLUTION: CREATE A LAN FOR THESE TOURNAMENT GAMES

We've told you this since Season 1, why you have not done this boggles my mind. It's also cheaper.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Thank you very much, now we can settlle the craze and Enjoy the tourneys, seriously, i hoped for good posts today at the forum and one of my friends today got a game were two guuys literally sitted at base discussng about the topic, )actually "ylling" at each other, i was afraid to play today for that reason. friends of mine getting argue games everyhere.

thedayisbreaking

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Think I mentioned this earlier, but we will be putting up overhangs so the possibility of peaking is removed.
@RedBeard:

In general I like to think that esports itself is a growing entity. We all understand that this isn't the NFL (albeit that is a relative goal eventually) and there are a lot of variables to dredge through. However, as you've recognized (and we as fans appreciate it) some of the problems became exasperated by mismanagement. I have a few questions and such I'd appreciate if you could answer:

1) Why is the rematch a Bo1? I'm sure Riot has seen the reddit threads by now, but don't you think it's silly to not just do a full rematch? Obviously clg.eu is going to feel sleighted to begin with as they were obviously pulling away in the third match when the issues became too much. Everyone knows that Bo1's opens up the potential of loss to cheese (triple tele+promote...haha) don't both teams and the fans deserve a new and true Bo3.

2) Just an idea, why not place the players directly against the wall and have the mini map expanded out like 4 feet (or even lesS) above them so there is no possibility of them seeing, without inclosing them. Personally I loved the open air feel to the tournament, but it seems just moving the players back or the screen forward would solve a lot of problems (and also cost Riot less in tournament expenses in the long run)

3) When are the casters going to be held a little more accountable? This is coming from a credability standard. Look I enjoy the casual feel of the announcers, I really do, but they get away with things any sports announcer doesn't. Saying things like "hell" "damn" etc are frowned upon in the mainstream sports market. Those actions could even result in fines or loss of jobs. If that is the market that esports is trying to slide into, don't you think you should begin to try and maintain the credability and expectations of that market? I'm definately not calling for action for things said in this tournament, that would be a knee jerk reaction that would just make you look worse. I'm sure I'll get down voted for this, but I love the feel of the casters and enjoy their tangent and even informality of it...however I love esports more and I want to see it thrive.

4) Do you have any theories as to why these issues occured when we haven't had this many issues in a tournament in quite some time?

Michael Flatley

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptmac426 View Post
Easy solution to the Minimap peaking problem:

Put the teams in booths! SC2 has been doing this for years, and it's worked out perfectly!
Here's a crazier solution... hold players accountable as pros and have certain rules that if broken are severely punished. Broodwars been doing it for ages.

Draznath

10-07-2012

Easy solution to the Minimap peaking problem:

Put them in booths! SC2 has been doing this for years, and it hasn't given them any problems at all.

JefftheMagicGoat

10-07-2012

What happened to the 3 minute delay for spectating anyway? Hasn't riot done that in the past?

Nonoy

10-07-2012

There should be a rematch for TSM vs AZF match 1; that 20 second ping and one of AZF member looking at the large screen are clear evidence that AZF cheated.

Michael Flatley

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Portship View Post
Problem: Internet connectivity issues.

SOLUTION: CREATE A LAN FOR THESE TOURNAMENT GAMES

We've told you this since Season 1, why you have not done this boggles my mind. It's also cheaper.
They aren't doing this because on the real, riot is promoting lol as an esports simply for marketing purposes, it is one huge advertisement for their game...

If big lan games were being played and not streamed because of connectivity issues, the marketing wouldn't be happening...

As long as the viewers and games being played are tied together... riot can guarantee that any games they play out are advertising to the masses.

LAN mode is easy, despite what some community college computer science majors here might try to tell you... games have had them for years and years... they are easier than online clients.

FrozenStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

You guys have a lot to be proud of RedBeard, while I was very much looking forward to the semi-finals the event overall still has to be seen as a win for eSports and I think we'll all be anxiously awaiting the conclusion of this epic series!

m0ses

10-07-2012

Any chance of addressing Azubu Frost's pinging TSM players through the fog?