Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vertany

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We take this very seriously, and a lot of people feel personally responsible for the events that caused the delay and reschedule. We will continue to work hard to ensure we get better each event.
No one is personally responsible for the delay. There have been wrong choices in the management, namely not using an offline LAN and not avoing possible cheating by either soundproof and sunshielding teambooths, or tarps, placing the Screen in front of the teams or delaying the Screen.
But you know about this now and it has been talked into oblivion, so I am happy that it can finally be let down, and I'm sure the majority feels this way. As we all are human, we all make mistakes and sometimes we learn from them.
It was a good show nonetheless, even if I could only watch the Stream from my europe home country and it became apparent that the atmosphere was great over there.
I think the ones who took the hardest hit were CLG.EU and WE, who had to sit/play for around 8 hours and both could have had the chance to get into the semifinals, but were denied of it. You should keep in mind what went wrong, but not regret what can't be changed, so don't blame yourselves.

Also, good job on going through all of that footage, looking at the cheating accussations. That must have been a lot of hard, and tiring, work.

No1LovesYou

10-07-2012

There should have been soundproof booths on this event. There have been soundproof booths in the past and I am sure the teams would like it. Having the set that was at LA Live was screwed up as a whole. Hearing the commentators speak, the fans go nuts, the vuvuliza (w/e its called), and all other noise was not needed and very unfair to the teams. If it was done to have a more shown off kind of look, thats fine for you but not fine for the teams. Its unfair for the teams to deal with that. Also would have stopped alot of cheating. Something about how people can see the minimap from the other side of the stage was possible, not the main screen. Having a two soundproof booths with the screens above the booth would have been much better.

Picking flashy over functional layout was horrible. Also outside all day is kinda silly. I know the running joke is it never rains in LA but it was another flashy over functional layout imo.

Enoy

10-07-2012

As a network Engineer , I know things happen , but on this grand scale of the " history making esport event" ..... This was totally unacceptable. Really Disappointed in Riot for not taking better precautions based on the level of tourney results and viewership.

Dotislav Pro

10-07-2012

i dislike all posts so stronk

supister

10-07-2012

Quote:
Think I mentioned this earlier, but we will be putting up overhangs so the possibility of peaking is removed.
To have live maps of any sort is just inviting cheating. Crowd noise tipping off ward placements? Wireless miniature earbuds?

By the way you need to allow a coach to interact with the players during the games.

Zaruna

10-07-2012

I hope riot keeps in mind we're on a American forum, obviously most will side with TSM. The ping went out way before they were in the bush, which was a odd ping but Jayce could've gotten caught if TSM went on him straight away, after he Q'd in the bush he wanted to run straight up and then went back down because he heard the sound effect, his reactions made it obvious that he wasn't sure they were there.

Vinnie

10-07-2012

>If a server crash occurs, then the tournament director or head referee will decide either between (a) restarting the game or (b) awarding the game to one of the teams. As a guideline, a game victory will only be awarded in a situation where one team was on the verge of certain defeat (e.g. A nexus was about to be destroyed). If the game is being played on a Tournament Realm, then the Pause Rules apply (see below).

http://i.imgur.com/SHtiv.jpg

How is that not a clear defeat?

Mango027

10-07-2012

Do you (Riot) have the voice overs of what the players are saying to one another. That would be something I, as the audience, would like to hear during game-play

Orconem

10-07-2012

Quote:
Think I mentioned this earlier, but we will be putting up overhangs so the possibility of peaking is removed.
You guys didn't think the lack of an overhang wouldn't be a problem in the first place? I mean there's a massive minimap for everybody to see, including players, and you didn't think it'd be a good idea to obstruct that from their view? I could understand if there was a delay, but unless I'm mistaken it's only long enough for the auto camera to function.

Eletale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
>If a server crash occurs, then the tournament director or head referee will decide either between (a) restarting the game or (b) awarding the game to one of the teams. As a guideline, a game victory will only be awarded in a situation where one team was on the verge of certain defeat (e.g. A nexus was about to be destroyed). If the game is being played on a Tournament Realm, then the Pause Rules apply (see below).

http://i.imgur.com/SHtiv.jpg

How is that not a clear defeat?
No, it's not. Had they all been dead, then it'd have been certain defeat.