Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jgrhymes

10-10-2012

^ That name is not even clever; it's just straight offensive.

George MichaeI

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrhymes View Post
^ That name is not even clever; it's just straight offensive.
I take offense to you being offended by that.

XxxLumberJackxxX

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbutgr8 View Post
Being in production for the past 20 years it was very obvious that they hired a high end production company to do the staging and the technical systems. I think it has been stated numerous times that Riot is learning from this experience and I personally think they will continue to hire and add people to the team to make this undertaking even better than it was on days 1 and 2.

Also I think with the information we have you really don't know WHO they have hired for the live events at all or WHAT safeguards they currently have in place. I have done very large arena and stadium shows and you know what...things go wrong. Anyone watch WWE when it was in the cirtus bowl and like 1/2 the generators went down? Yeah...bottom line...**** happens.

You don't go into what Riot did without a large technical team in place. And although there were systems that failed, I"m not sure the best team in the world could have fixed hardware crashes etc etc. You also don't switch production companies mid stream when you are in middle of a large production and undertaking like this.

Again, guys I hated what happened as much as everyone else, but what you can hope for when something like this happens is tons of communication, some rewards, and quick answers. We have gotten SO MUCH and I think Riot has responded great. It's easy to well you "should have" and "could have" to death.
Yes but their high end production company was more concerned with squeezing as many moving lights on the floor as possible and not concerned with silly thing such as
Proper seating arrangements for teams (protection from the elements i.e. sunglare, camera angles for filming). They neglected to think that the screens would be in a bad place.

Their production company did a very poor job with the set up. It is clear they put very little thought and no research into what was needed for this venue. The likelihood of this setup being something generic that they rig for lots of different companies who don't really know what they want but are willing to throw money at it is high. I would not hire them again. Riot need to find a new company.

Epichuntarz

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We obviously decided against sound proof booths for the World Championship. Booths aren't completely soundproof. They still use the same methods as we're doing with headsets - pumping white noise in. I’ve talked to a variety of players, and you really have the same exact same issues with booths – you can still hear the muffled sound of crowd noise, which can telegraph plays. It’s something we’re constantly thinking about ways of improving.

The reason we went our open headset solution was because we feel strongly that the players should be part of the atmosphere and crowd experience, instead of sectioned off in a booth. This allows the players to be easy to watch and accessible to the live audience.

As for the line of sight issue, we are working to address players not being able to look over the backs and up at the screens. We will be creating an overhang so this is no longer viable, and it'll be fixed for the conclusion of the playoffs as well as the finals.

In the long run, we'll continue looking at our options and picking what we think is best based on feedback and experience. Nothing's off the table.
Easy solutions include:

-Put the screens BETWEEN the players and the audience.
-Put the screens ABOVE the players (not between the teams).

Voila, problem solved, problem staying solved, rangers lead the way..

ijneR

10-10-2012

6 Hrs to CLG-WE match and still no update on the cheating Investigation.............................

Food4Thought

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijneR View Post
6 Hrs to CLG-WE match and still no update on the cheating Investigation.............................

waiting on this aswell

Riot cant just say "there was nothing found" or "we found something, but we will continued as scheduled"

..if that happens I expect an uproar

FaerKhan

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We unfortunately don't have team audio saved, so we can't go back and audit that.
@RedBeard: I think it would make a lot of sense to save that information during future tournaments as an additional safeguard against wrongdoing of all sorts.

Toon

10-10-2012

I think at this point there needs to be a new best of 3 between frost and TSM or frost needs to be eliminated

Gamon

10-10-2012

u guys still believes that frost will get penalized for that ping? huehue

ijneR

10-10-2012

I know Redbeard's a fair guy, but Riot has a history of inaction and shying away from issues that are controversial.

it'll be really sad if they make a delayed announcement and then cite Time constraints as an issue for their lack of action against the guilty parties.