Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sKaoSnet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Quick update. We’re writing up a full front page post about this but I want to get it out now that details are decided.

The conclusion of the playoffs will take place on Wednesday the 10th, starting at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. We’re going to be broadcasting from the same venue our World Finals are taking place, the Galen Center, and the players will be competing in a backstage area while we set up the main stage for Saturday. Players will be separated with no visibility of the opposing team. Due to the quick turnaround, we unfortunately won’t be hosting a live audience.

We'll once again be streaming in free HD on both Twitch and Own3D, with the same broadcast production features (player cams, replays, etc.). Casters will remain the same for English, and we’re determining what other languages we’ll be providing.
This sucks! It's 2 am in the night (Germany) for the first game.. This makes me unable to view all three games 'cause I have to work the next day.
And I'm also not able to view the replay 'cause you need like 2147214 weeks to upload them.
So why you say all the time that you're trying to make the fans happy when you aren't able to upload replays? Make it like the replay on the first day... this replays also includes the 35mins waiting time (really awesome!) - so I see that you don't even edit them and yet you needed so long to upload the replays of day 1?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fightmander

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementzPRO View Post
It's fine. The Asian teams don't even need to come to NA. They'll be back for the next world championships in a year and that's it. The Asian tournaments are much higher quality and have much better fans who are respectful and wouldn't act like the NA fans acted in this tournament. You can pretty much expect everyone to ignore the NA scene completely in the next year. There's no reason for the Asian teams to come here because there's no competition.

Any team from NA that actually wants to improve is gonna have to go to Korea.
the problem are not the NA and Europe fans of the game. the problem is that u r cheating in a very popular game that , im guessing , doesn't like cheaters at their tournaments.or at least i think Riot doesn't accept this.

if the cheating veredict proves that those teams cheated, riot shouldnt invite those teams to a tournament ever again for their unacceptable behavior.

the best we can do at this point is to wait for Riot answer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illecebra

Member

10-09-2012

I am confused about something, and I don't know if it's been pointed out or not but - why is it, that for regular season tournaments the player are kept in four-walled, soundproofed player boxes but at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFFS, where ANY chance to cheat would be abused in any possible extend are they on an OPEN AIRED player stage completely unshielded from the spectator screens? Why? It doesn't make any sense. If it's a venue issue, why in the world was a venue with this setup selected?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante88 View Post
I am confused about something, and I don't know if it's been pointed out or not but - why is it, that for regular season tournaments the player are kept in four-walled, soundproofed player boxes but at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFFS, where ANY chance to cheat would be abused in any possible extend are they on an OPEN AIRED player stage completely unshielded from the spectator screens? Why? It doesn't make any sense. If it's a venue issue, why in the world was a venue with this setup selected?

Because, good intentions or not, Riot's ability to plan ahead is non-existent. I know they mean well. I know they try their best. But the simple fact-of-the-matter is that Riot cannot plan for ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatMansRevenge

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
Sorry for the delay It should be wrapped up soon, and I know you guys want information. Still, it's more important that we get things right than rush to judgment!
Glad to know you're not sweeping this under the rug like you did with the MLG fiasco. Guess you can't get away with it when the entire gaming world is watching.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1130ca93c056a16e55514

Member

10-09-2012

--RIOT--
( or magus )
Can u give following thread on EUW server a red comment?
So people of the EUW server stay up to date to, cause there is no such discussion as this one here.
Thanks

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=871759


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gouv1

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightmander View Post
the problem are not the NA and Europe fans of the game. the problem is that u r cheating in a very popular game that , im guessing , doesn't like cheaters at their tournaments.or at least i think Riot doesn't accept this.

if the cheating veredict proves that those teams cheated, riot shouldnt invite those teams to a tournament ever again for their unacceptable behavior.

the best we can do at this point is to wait for Riot answer.
To be fair, pro players "cheat" all the time. Actually they're called fouls. That's why you have referees, doping controls, and replays. But you also have penalties :-)

All in all I think most pro players would be inclined to cheating if it was easy, and in most sports it's made not-so-easy (not trying to start a troll... this whole thread is already too trollish !)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HerrAlexander2

Junior Member

10-09-2012

Didnt the microphones pick up all the crowd audio ? I could clearly hear the crowd cheering when there were "team audio replays".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luciouse

Member

10-09-2012

RedBeard can you please bring bewitching Nidalee back so i can buy it!!!!!! prease


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkhon

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripple View Post
So you decided to put the matches during EU night while 2 teams are still in competition ???

Very very bad choice Riot, again a new BIG mistake which continue the fail story of the tournament.

Why don't you start the game 3 ou 4 hours earlier ??
Because it's being held on American soil. During American hours, where venues are open during American times.... Just saying...