Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJaxon View Post
NA teams learned a powerful strategy this tournament: Whenever an NA team loses, just imply that the other team cheated, and let the angsty white kids on the NA forums cry until Riot caves to their demands.
****ing brilliant.
Uh, NA teams are being accused too...

BananaSniper

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Quick update. Were writing up a full front page post about this but I want to get it out now that details are decided.

The conclusion of the playoffs will take place on Wednesday the 10th, starting at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. Were going to be broadcasting from the same venue our World Finals are taking place, the Galen Center, and the players will be competing in a backstage area while we set up the main stage for Saturday. Players will be separated with no visibility of the opposing team. Due to the quick turnaround, we unfortunately wont be hosting a live audience.

We'll once again be streaming in free HD on both Twitch and Own3D, with the same broadcast production features (player cams, replays, etc.). Casters will remain the same for English, and were determining what other languages well be providing.
Thank you for letting us know, and for free HD once again. Can't wait! so pumped! CLG.EU!!!!

Dazrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Two different pictures of two different members from TSM looking at the minimap - throw this case out completely, throw it all out...

It's obvious to anyone with a brain that everyones been doing it - but this should be a lesson for Riot to never put the minimap screens and what not BEHIND the players. That in itself was a bad idea. I'm sure that someone at Riot even said 'man, I think this is a bad idea' and someone said 'it'll be ok, no ones probably gonna try, cause it'll be obvious, besides you don't get much from this angle'

Just throw the whole case out, and progress with the tournament. Whole thing is rubbish.

Chromaggus

10-08-2012

You guys really gave TSM vs Azubu a rematch because Reginald/Chaox *****ed that hard...?

Lol...

Cattington III

10-08-2012

you guys really must look into the save-state suggestion that people have been making, it could save a lot of hassle.

Theruler2k2

10-08-2012

RedBeard i am wondering what certifications / security measures the people you guys gave hired to setup these events and the networking that goes on during these event i have plenty of certifications including ccisp, cissp, ceh, and a ton others and i am wondering why this problem accured as anyone with basic credentials should have been able to solve this problem.

Mjaxon

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
Uh, NA teams are being accused too...
And most of the NA forums either have a reason for it or are simply glossing it over. It's ok because they're NA players, and they weren't really cheating, they were just concerned for the other team's health.

EddyEduardo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

This is probably a really dumb question, but......if it's an "offline", isn't there a way to make it run without internet?
I mean, you used to be able to play custom games of LoL when the servers were offline with that key combination, and now with thereisnourflevel......

Dischdog

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Also, while Im here I wanted to clarify the original post. Were investigating all instances of reported minimap looking, and reviewing all available footage. This includes the level 1 ping in the Frost/TSM game many of you have pointed out. Well have a ruling based on the results of that investigation.
I'm sure you've been flooded with this question already, but just in case!

The Rumors are flying around about a possible rematch.

Is there a timeline on the ruling from TSM Vs. Azubu Frost / The formal post detailing the continuation of the playoffs on Wednesday?

Thanks

Shudagon Bowlin

10-08-2012

I finish with my midterms weds... What a great way to start fall break, streaming the world playoffs in the dorm.