Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koreid

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Buying tickets at the door for the World Playoffs was OK, but we are sold out for Galen unfortunately.
Would it be possible to sell a limited number of tickets at the door? A portion of seats are held by scalpers who have little interest in actually attending the event. Additionally, those who are willing to pay scalpers the extra buck (not me) are not guaranteed that the tickets are genuine, which could make things very complicated for them. I bought a Day 2 Playoffs ticket at the door and thoroughly enjoyed the day; halfway through the event I was informed that the event oversold, but it still seemed like everyone had a great time anyways despite crowded paths and Rioters trying to free up as many chairs as possible. Making a conservative estimate of the amount of empty seats and selling them would make me (and other ticketseekers) very happy!

YoshioPeePee

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GANGSTABISH View Post
@RedBeard Love the stuff you're doing to help out on the forums..

This image is surfacing on a lot of korean websites that say TPA also "cheated" check out the last guy on TPA
http://upload.inven.co.kr/upload/201...2996252385.jpg
from sword fans i assume

huh, this is proof that NA is not the only region who has to go through wacky gd shenanigans

are there a bunch of frost/blaze fans laughing at them?

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-08-2012
43 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanoth View Post
Red beard, there's no chance of the world finals being moved back at all is there? Some of us have spent a lot of money to go down there and to stay for the day/weekend. Do you think you'll have the hardware issues under control during the finals because some of us can't afford to stay another night and buy new tickets.
This WILL NOT be a problem at our World Finals. We are going to extreme lengths to ensure there will not be a rescheduling.

Talouin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Hey RedBeard,

I've got a couple of questions/suggestions.

1) Why not have a private intranet setup for LAN events such as this? Wouldn't it be much more secure if each of the clients were just looking for a local server as opposed to going over the internet?

2) What about a DR server? Has Riot thought about putting best high-availability DRP practices in place? Things like redundant NICs, dual-live servers, etc.

I'm eagerly anticipating Wednesday and Saturday's games! All the power to you guys and my thoughts are with you!

Gringo

10-08-2012

RedBeard.

1) I know you've heard about an LAN, but is there any future for it?

2) Will TSM issue be resolved, and what is the most likely resolution? Or will AZF be DQ'ed?

Thanks.

beckdavid

10-08-2012

Im tired of tsm fanboys crying 'they cheated! DQ them!'.
The scene is noy that simple. If riot DQ azf, what must be the regulation they violated?
that is 'facing towards during match including paused'
If riot dq azf they need to investgate whether every team has violated that rule.
And tsm violated that rule obviously. Well some kids are saying thats because to check if minimap really can be seen bla bla but so what?
For Whatever bull**** reason dyrus and chaox saw minimap and they must got information in minimap! WTF?
There can be other excuses like that for every single violating.
You cannot turning into your head to your friends during test just because to check whether your friends is cheating.
Dq azf for breaking rule? Ok i agree. But Then tsm should be DQed as well including any other teams turning their head during the match.

Talouin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

The AZF issue is a tough one. I honestly cannot see them being DQ'd but I can see something like an infraction wherein their opponents get to choose which side they want OR if they want first/last pick.

xydrine

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talouin View Post
Hey RedBeard,

1) Why not have a private intranet setup for LAN events such as this? Wouldn't it be much more secure if each of the clients were just looking for a local server as opposed to going over the internet?
This surprised me to be honest. It shouldn't be hard to pack up and deploy a single server across a network of 10-20 computers to run the game via LAN.

TMS Chaox

10-08-2012

It's probably been suggested a million times, why not just replay the best of three between TSM and AF ? It would clear up any discrepancies between teams. My bet is that'l result in aloooooot of legal issues....being a two million prize pool and all.

Good job Mr redbeard. I appreciate all the updates. To be quite honest all the accusations and evidence is quite exciting. You probably don't feel the same.

Cheers anyway, GLHF

YoshioPeePee

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talouin View Post
The AZF issue is a tough one. I honestly cannot see them being DQ'd but I can see something like an infraction wherein their opponents get to choose which side they want OR if they want first/last pick.
a reduction or elimination of their prize money would be more likely than an awkward handicap if riot decides that there was an infraction, and it calls for a penalty rather than a DQ

personally i do not think there is enough for even that, but riot has much better tools to investigate this matter than we do, we will see what they decide