Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lich Bane on Singed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phatmonkey91

10-07-2012

So I was playing the game a while ago and was messing around with ap singed (sooo awesome if you have another tank with good initiation, if you have not tried it)

So i was trying different builds for ap singed and toying with items like rylais, roa, unholy grail, revolver, abby scepter, death cap, and others.

Anyway when I was doing a game yesterday someone was like "why is this noob singed not building a Lich Bane" (found this funny cuz i was at like 0 deaths and 5 kills and dbl digits assists, all of which went to both my carries, habit from playing support forever lol). I was wondering why people build Lich bane. I tried it for a few games and while the movement speed was nice, it made no sense to me. The q does not activate the ability so it gives no help on kiting a running enemy (other than the move speed buff which really doesnt make that much of a diff considering with the slow and boots 2 and 2 movement quints i outrun most ppl, and yes im going for 3 when i unlock it). Is there anything im not thinking of as to why you wuld build lich bane on him, I mean if the movment speed was that big of a deal id just build fon for that and get quite a bit more tanky. or get rilies for the nonstop slow or shrelias, is there something I am missing that makes lich bane a good item on singed other than the movment. I mean i havbe been doing better in games without it I just wanna know why ppl build that

TwistWrist

10-07-2012

I don't think anyone does build that...even on AP Singed.

Cooldowns are a bit too long.

ACGIFT

10-07-2012

Lichbane has use on a number of APs to give them strong after-cast punch; I recall both Twisted Fate and Lux are ones where it's kinda popular. (though a kinda rare item)

However, Singed is a terrible choice for it, given you want it on a champion with generally-spammable spells. Note that toggling his Q does NOT proc anything based on casting, including LB''s passive. That leaves just his W and E, which have, respectively, 14 and 10-second timers that don't scale downwards. Combined with his melee autoattack, you'll only occasionally get use out ofit; quite a waste of money; the movement speed isn't that huge a help, and similarly the magic resist is weak, (Singed would be better off building, say, a Force of Nature for either) so you could be better served taking a different item. (similarly, an Abyssal Scepter makes a far better pick for AP and resist, and furthermore gives a good aura to have on a tank)

Abdelazar

10-08-2012

Er, wat? You can't really make use of the passive on lich bane much because of the longer cooldowns (won't be procing it much) and the fact that you probably aren't autoattacking much.

Fs Son0fSilas

10-08-2012

You don't auto attack much, Fling doesn't proc on hit effects, and he has long cooldowns on everything besides his poison. Also, to the best of my knowledge "Toggle" abilities no long proc item abilities. (Don't quote me on that, but I know they changed how toggled abilities effect TotG)

I also wouldn't recommend LB on Lux. She has such a high ranged on her abilities that moving in close to proc the hit will put her dangerously close to getting caught. With out an escape she's dead.

I would use it however on champions that already gain bonuses to auto-attacks. These include, but are not limited to Akali, Kass, AP Sion, AP Teemo, Diana, TF, AP Kog, AP Trist, AP Yi, and Ziggs

phatmonkey91

10-08-2012

Thanks thats what I thought was just making sure to see if there was something that I was missing.

ACGIFT

10-08-2012

Quote:
KingSilas:
I also wouldn't recommend LB on Lux. She has such a high ranged on her abilities that moving in close to proc the hit will put her dangerously close to getting caught. With out an escape she's dead.

I would use it however on champions that already gain bonuses to auto-attacks. These include, but are not limited to Akali, Kass, AP Sion, AP Teemo, Diana, TF, AP Kog, AP Trist, AP Yi, and Ziggs

LB is relatively popular on Lux; in ranked she has it in her end-game items 12% of the time. (conversely, 10% of all Lich Banes in ranked are built on Lux, putting her in fourth place, ahead of everyone you mention but TF; Evelyn and Fizz being the other two) You forget a couple critical bits of information: for one, her two spell attacks are both CC, and furthermore...

She's a champion that gains a bonus to auto-attacks too: her passive allows her to proc extra damage after hitting with a spell, but only on auto-attacks or her ult.

Fs Son0fSilas

10-08-2012

^ well when you put it like that lol

totally forgot Fizz too, very strong item on him.

TwistWrist

10-08-2012

Since when is 12% considered even "relatively" popular? Relative to what? Archangel staff?

And that's not even considering the fact that popular does not guarantee effectiveness.

Plus, ranked has a wide range of skill levels.. and the vast majority of those skill levels don't build optimally anyway. To use rank builds has a measure of what is good is faulty.

It is very easy to bring up numbers to support a point. Doesn't mean the point is actually true.

I wouldn't say Lich Bane is straight terrible. At the same time, it isn't exactly a core item either. At best, it is a playstyle choice. I still value Grail way more than Lich Bane due to Lux having useful abilities but long cooldowns.

Though having two CC's doesn't really keep her safe to autoattack. The snare isn't going to stop a whole team, plus you'll probably use it to set up for your ultimate to begin with. Slows really aren't a big deal when there are so many gapclosers with longer range than her autoattacks. Lux will not be able to keep herself safe by herself and makes Lich Bane rather team dependent.

edit:

Plus, there is still the issue of whether the popularity is based solely on ranked or does it factor in normal as well. The popularity chart doesn't change regardless of what subset you selected.

LegendaryLemur

10-08-2012

Personally i use lux's autoattack innate much more in the early game before i could ever have lichbane than i do in the lategame. I'm with the "lux is a long range attacker" crowd. No lichbane for me