Why does Riot allow champions to suck for so long?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lemonpartyfan0

10-07-2012

This is hard to read... most of those champs are great...

Rismart

10-07-2012

Heim and Karma are being reworked. Viktor is getting attention to (I don't remember if it is a Fix or a rework)

Nasus/Sion: Infinite scaling makes them godlike late game, buffing them would make them totally broken so they are hard to balance.

Sejuani: I think a Red said she was going to be looked upon, and she will get fixed.

Mordekaiser: I don't play him, so I don't really know.

Xerath: yeah he is underplayed but he is not weak, some slight buff and you will see him a lot.

Poppy: meh early and mid game, but her late game is very strong.

LeBlanc: she is used to shut down the mid lane and then gank the others to GET YOUR TEAM FED, I see many LeBlancs stealing kills from carrys, you suck late, let the useful champs get the kills after you destroy mid. She only need a buff on her W to let her have a better late game.

Nocturne: Really? a S tier jungler than can go from tank to full dps? the one that has a global blind an a HUGE lunge that will let him attack anyone he sees? the best chaser on the game? are you kidding right? he is fine.

Galio: one of the most tanky mid out there, his only problem is his blue dependent nature but just that.

Skarner: COME OVER HERE!!! He is totally fine.

Nidalee: As AD she is very strong, as AP she can still do damage even if the enemy buy MR (giving up armor for your adc and giving up damage items) also she has a strong heal and in cougar form she does decent damage.

Maokai: No team fight potential? LOL his ult is not bad, is underrated, it actually mitigates a lot of damage and his cc is very strong.

Leona: Outclassed by other champs but that doesn't means she is garbage.

Master Yi: broken late game and easily countered, he needs to be looked, atm his kit is very outdated.

51Guns50

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongofrog View Post
Wondering why they are releasing new champs monthly but doing nothing to fix the dead ones?

Sion
Sion? UP?
Build AD/Movement/Attack Speed/Crit and you get 475-550 speed, 300-450 base damage, almost 100% crit chance and 1.5 - 2 attacks per seconds, AND because of Infinity Edge Crits do 2.5x damage that's 2k DPS; Not to mention a well fed Sion can get 500-1,000 bonus HP from his "e" and he has a stun.

You could almost solo the match once you're fed.

tl/dr
Sion can be OP if you're not a noob-2k dps (not counting his ult which addss 50% attack speed) and stun allow him to eat squishys and even tanks in no time.
(Easy quad-kills and 3-6 turret kills per match, also effective jungler if played right.)

macdaddymikey3

10-07-2012

Lol really man? Because you don't seem them in every game like Teemo, Ezreal, or Katarina they're dead and Riot should remake them? NEWS FLASH I play like 40% of the champions you listed. And I do great. I think you just need to hop off your little bandwagon of playing everything other people play.

lemonpartyfan0

10-07-2012

I love that they are remaking all these champions, but its annoying to see how everyone thinks every champion needs a rework... I saw a thread about Syndra needing a complete rework... I was like .. SHE JUST CAME OUT?

I could maybe understand Heimer.... but some of the "UP" champs could just use some tweaking.

Nea De Penserhir

10-07-2012

Baddies being bad. Nothing to see here.

Leotamer

10-07-2012

Because you risk having people who liked the champion but thought he was UP, hate the reworked version.
For example, I love Nasus. Nasus is an awesome champion. The only problem is that 3/4ths of the champions in this game, counter him, and regardless of your skill you can be completely shut-down by a learned (Not even skilled, but learned) foe. If they reworked him so that he no longer had a monsterous late game, I would no longer like him. And finding out how they could make it so that it becomes more of his skilled or not skilled, would be very hard.

Skeebonix

10-07-2012

I looked at your list... And you are more than wrong on most of the champs. these are the only ones that should still be on.

Heimer.
Sejuani
Viktor
LeBlanc (lebleh)
Sion
Nasus
Master Yi

anu mara

10-07-2012

You're better off leaving a champion in suck status than god status.

Really in suck status you're just going to have a very very small community that loves the champion. No matter how a rework comes out you're really not going to piss off a lot of people.

For a god status or nub-stomp status champion that's the point where people rage and it starts to cost players(Eve, old tryn). When they get fixed you're still going to piss off all the players that are drawn to FoTM builds.

asamu

10-07-2012

Really, it is 2 reasons, revenue, which has been mentioned, and the fact that the balance team for Riot simply does not know how to balance the game. With how much the mechanics of the game have changed over time due to the skills on new champions and the power creep, it isn't easy to balance in the first place. The problem here is that they try to find the right numbers before implementing anything rather than incrementally changing things with tiny tweaks until a good balance is reached. They rework champions entirely rather than fiddling with numbers, which is good for marketing, but not for the game itself.