Udyr build help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alegro

12-20-2013

When playing Udyr, what items do you build when your team is behind or its an even game?

I know the usual route is spirit of the golem and boots but after that if I am fed I build a triforce. What about if the ganks arent coming together well and I just cant get an edge to snowball? Triforce takes a TON of money and time in those situations so what should I build instead?

Do I start going defense or grab a cheaper offensive item then start buying defense?

Mr Sir Lebowski

12-20-2013

Does your team have assassins? Are the assassins AP or AD? balance our your teams damage

Are the AP or AD teamates fed or behind? Maybe you need more physical dmg or maybe you need sunfire or wits end

Do you have a tank on your team top and maybe even a tanky support like ali? Damage might be the best route

Is one of their AP or AD players fed? build whichever defense is required

Is your team lacking CC? build tanky and get in their face

Are you fed? Build whatever you want and get in every fight there is

Akromah

12-20-2013

The standard recipe for jungle success is one offensive item to snowball (especially if you're ahead) and then build tank in prep for your role in the team fight. Obviously, this is a little too general so lets get more specific.

Phoenix is the standard for jungling. If you're phoenix udyr you scale with attack speed. Stuff like Wit's End, BoRK, Nashor's, Zephyr and TF are great options. I'd probably steer clear of Nashor's but it can work in some builds. If you need MR snag WE, if you're against tanks snag BoRK, if you need Tenacity snag Zephyr, if you're snowballing hard and have cash snag TF. Once you have your offensive item, you can more or less carry through mid game even in early team fights.

However, you want to prepare for the team fights by starting to build tanky. Being sturdy makes you more of a bully especially around objectives and allows you to fill your role in team fights. Stuff like SotAG, Solari, Randuins, BVeil are more or less the standard go tos. AG is pretty mandatory as a second item, then Solari if you can depend on your team, Randuins if you're against an AD comp, Bveil if you're against an AP comp.

Alegro

12-20-2013

Ok, thanks guys. I am having trouble at times itemizing vs the enmy team bc I still dont always know if a champ is AD or AP based and have no clue which one is the biggest threat sometimes.

Akromah

12-20-2013

The benefit of jungling is you don't have to build for lane. You build for team fights and you build to counter their threat. There will be awkward situations sometimes where it's hard to decide what to build. For example, your job is to front line the 5-2 jinx. She's ADC but they have a kart middle, singed top, and amumu jungle who are all AP. Most of their damage there is AP but you'll mainly be up against Jinx in the team fight so it's just terribly awkward. Most of the time in these cases it's good to balance resists. It depends how they're fighting though.

This sorta doesn't matter that much and I'm just rambling. You'll figure out which champions do what in due time. GL.