LAN/esports event in Sydney/Aus featuring LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whitewolfx88

09-24-2012

Hey all, im one of the admins for a new LAN/e-sports event in Sydney called Flank, and with our first event in just over a month away, i thought id start letting people know about us.

Our first event is going to be able to hold a bit over 120 players, we're going to have esports style tournaments (ie, proper rules and strict regulation with real prize money) for CS:GO, SC2 and LoL, as well as a bunch of other competitions throughout the day in the following games to name a few:

•Star Craft 2
•Team Fortress 2
•League of legends
•Call of duty
•Counter strike
•Minecraft
•Left 4 dead 2
•Unreal Tournament 2004
•Portal 2 time trials

Prizes are awarded for competitions and other cool events throughout the day, to the sum of over $1500 in cash and prizes as a minimum.

We will provide a rather good network for people to play on, our switch network is something we are very proud of and is capable of providing full gigabit to each player and with a fibre backbone capabale of chomping through 480gbits per second, we're pretty confident – so come try and clog up our network as much as you can, i dare you

Flank will be a 1 day event on a saturday (27th october), from 10am till 10pm at parramatta RSL, check out www.flank.com.au for more details and like us on facebook if you like what we're about =) http://www.facebook.com/flank.sydney

- Kind Regards,
WhiteWolf

xXST0RM SHAD0WXx

09-27-2012

Hi I'm interesting in attending but had 2 questions
1) How is the LoL tournament undertaken?
2) Do we bring our own computers?

Thanks, I look forward to this

Whitewolfx88

09-27-2012

Hiya, the event is BYOC (bring your own computer) and we have an internet connection to the venue which we will be using specifically for the esports tournaments (including LoL).

If you'd like to know anything else then make sure you ask

Whitewolfx88

10-05-2012

Any teams or groups of friends thinking of attending? Haven't heard too much from you guys =(?

Safallon

10-06-2012

Hey, I'm fairly interested in this because I am quite interested in how to get into organised/competitive play and it kinda sucks that there isn't a massive scene for this kind of thing in AUS as there is overseas. I might have a full team, I'm not sure yet. But if I can't get a whole team together I would be interested in joining a group. (I am most proficient at AD carry --> jungle --> mid).

cheers, saf.

P.S. add me in game if you are LF any of those roles for a team, or are organising scrims.

Whitewolfx88

10-08-2012

Awesome Saf, can't wait to see you there =) get your buddies to sign up as well, strength in numbers ^^

We'll be able to organise groups on the day as well so no one gets left out, not to mention we can make a post on our facebook site for people wanting to scrim/pug - that way teams wouldnt have to be organised on the day =)

Whitewolfx88

10-09-2012

A whole bunch of LoL guys signed up and i've got a few messages from more players that are interested, cmon guys, show some support for the sydney LoL scene, come along and enjoy a day of LoL =)

Whitewolfx88

10-10-2012

I feel lonely in this thread, talk to me guys <3

Whitewolfx88

10-17-2012

quad bump to desperately get interest from the LoL community, cmon guys!

Whitewolfx88

10-22-2012

FLANK is this saturday guys, dont miss out on signing up and coming along for a some awesome games of LoL and your other favourite PC games - people on our facebook page + event page are posting LFG requests if youre short a team.