Female Players - A Quick Story

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pootyspank

10-07-2012

Hi ladies i can join ur league plx!?

~sounded a lot funnier when i had it all caps...meh

Efrath

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphisto View Post
Bob does your wife still leave the house? I only ask because as Bilbo Baggins says "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door." Do you post notes on random telephone poles asking people to be nice? I've had people attempt to harm me in real life, I'd expect nothing less from our 'friends' on the internet. Thick skin is a godsend, friend.
So, we should just let people continue being *******s rather than strive to get people to actually be respectful towards each other? We should tell victims of bullying in school, workplaces and so forth to "Toughten" up? That's a pretty darn naive thing to say really, we're all individuals, some are more vulnerable .to verbal assaults than others, be it real life or online.

Sorry, I just hate when people expect others to toughen up.

Zetasphere

10-07-2012

Except you can't avoid bullies at school or work because you see them constantly. You are forced to be around them. Online? Super- easy to ignore people and never see them again. Your metaphor is weak.

KimKelley

10-07-2012

I applaud your attempt to improve the community.

That said, your wife is just going to need to learn to suck it up or find another game to play. And no, females are perfectly capable of shrugging off insults. In fact, we're more used to it. If you survived the witchy high school girls, you can survive LoL.

Efrath

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetasphere View Post
Except you can't avoid bullies at school or work because you see them constantly. You are forced to be around them. Online? Super- easy to ignore people and never see them again. Your metaphor is weak.
Except this is a teamgame and your argument doesn't really take away my point in that it's naive to expect others to toughen up.

xxJerryBerry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efrath View Post
So, we should just let people continue being *******s rather than strive to get people to actually be respectful towards each other? We should tell victims of bullying in school, workplaces and so forth to "Toughten" up? That's a pretty darn naive thing to say really, we're all individuals, some are more vulnerable .to verbal assaults than others, be it real life or online.

You're ignoring the fact that this is the internet. Do you WANT some kid friendly chat with a drag down selection of sentences you can say? The anonymity of the internet allows people to be ******bags and we can't really stop them. But if you're getting hurt because some person you don't even know called you a bad name, you need to toughen up.

If not, go back to club penguin please.

Saturdays

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

women's league? How about you add a kitchen league

Quikstrike752

10-07-2012

well the guy has one good point though..ive seen alot of people tryharding bots waaaaay to much! bots are for learning/trying new builds etc.

just the other day i was showing my friend how to play on a new account and he got raged on for dieing alot on gd bots! his account was only lvl 1..sometimes its just sickening about how people treat each other on this game..thats the problem with F2P games..all the trash just rolls on in and no one takes it out!

KimKelley

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efrath View Post

The thing is, you cannot stop all bullies. You cannot expect other people to change. The only thing in this world that you can absolutely change, is yourself. People are just recommending the most effective way to improve the situation that the victims are undergoing.

Thats unhealthy

10-07-2012

You make a lot of good points. I think that women should definitely be more encouraged to play. I do however think you have a bias due to your profession, not all women are like that. Certainly not all gamer women.

I think you need to broaden your overall take of the subject from what you see in your job to a bit more general view.