Randomly Disconnected, Cannot Re-Connect

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kenny Nico

11-19-2009

Sometimes I get disconnected a few minutes into the game, shortly after the minions spawn. When that happens, I can't reconnect at all. Ever. The router seems to bug out and the entire internet connection craps out. I can reset the router and the internet gets up again, but the same thing will happen if I try to reconnect to the game in progress.

This only happens sometimes. I've played about 40 (?) games and I've gotten 4 leaves because of this. So the other 90% of the games I've played were just fine, no problems whatsoever. It's just that some 10% of the games just doesn't like my internet connection or something and screws it over.

Any ideas on what may be the problem, and if there is a way to address it?

zerfman

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Nico View Post
Sometimes I get disconnected a few minutes into the game, shortly after the minions spawn. When that happens, I can't reconnect at all. Ever. The router seems to bug out and the entire internet connection craps out. I can reset the router and the internet gets up again, but the same thing will happen if I try to reconnect to the game in progress.

This only happens sometimes. I've played about 40 (?) games and I've gotten 4 leaves because of this. So the other 90% of the games I've played were just fine, no problems whatsoever. It's just that some 10% of the games just doesn't like my internet connection or something and screws it over.

Any ideas on what may be the problem, and if there is a way to address it?
Have you tried reinstalling? Thats what i ususally do when something keeps going wrong. If that doesnt work it is probably just your internet connection. although that is really odd about not being able to recconect.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-20-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is most likely a problem specific to your ISP. However, some players report League of Legends has strange effects on their routers (resetting them sometimes) when using Verizon internet. What kind of router are you using and who is your ISP?

Mendeln

11-20-2009

This happened to me as well, yesterday. The internet kinda gg'd after being disconnected, etc.
Windows, however, saw no problem with my connection. I could still access the router, and after running around the house checking the other computers I noticed they were all perfectly fine. Lasted for a good 10 minutes.
&& Rogers, I'm a canuck. >_>'

Although, this was before I opened up the ports used by LoL. I haven't had a single connection issue while they were open.

Kenny Nico

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
This is most likely a problem specific to your ISP. However, some players report League of Legends has strange effects on their routers (resetting them sometimes) when using Verizon internet. What kind of router are you using and who is your ISP?
I live in Japan and use an ISP called Softbank, along with a router that they provided. Yeah, I'm guessing I'm out of luck when it comes to getting support about a foreign ISP. But to be fair I haven't had any problems with the internets while in their service.

It's only certain games. I've played 10 straight games with no problems. But sometimes it just goes down. When that happens, even if I reset the router and try to reconnect to that game, it'll just go down again. I need to wait it out and join another game.

Also, because of this, I've been getting some leaves on my record. Do they have negative effects if I keep stacking them up once in a while due to this problem?

And about the ports... do they have to be manually opened?

Thanks for the replies.