Breaking those learning curves

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

50 Percent

10-07-2012

So I have recently bought Orianna and people say she is difficult to get good with, being level 24 and loving the way she can be played/ is played wanting to learn to play with her. But I am curious if you think it would be more beneficial for me to play her game after game after game in attempt to get better with her, or just play her as often as I try to play my other favourite champs...? (just curious what has worked for every one else on how to get good with a champ)

TehomCD

10-07-2012

Focusing on one champion almost exclusively is definitely the best way to master them, since you'll learn pretty much every matchup and so many variations on team comps, positioning in different situations, etc. But you should only do that if you're having fun, too. Don't get bored just by forcing yourself to play the same champion every game.

Havocist

10-07-2012

Orianna doesn't have any really bad matchups so she is a good champ to learn.

Abdelazar

10-07-2012

Play her lots until you feel comfortable with her. Then play her some more until you are godly with her.

CowMeat

10-07-2012

Bot game --> Dominion Game --> Summoner's rift

Play each game mode until your do well with the champion.

Masahide

10-08-2012

If you're having fun with her, stick with her. Having fun encourages you to play more and thus get better.

Fs Son0fSilas

10-08-2012

Play her as often as you can, and as was said you'll begin to master her.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Rotate her out with your other champs. When you get the chance to mid, always use her, but don't be that guy that trolls his teammates by only being willing to play one role so you can play one champion.

Fs Son0fSilas

10-08-2012

^^^

Master her, but Sereg has the best advice. Make her your main, but be open to roles in need of filling.

Drevarius

Social Systems Designer

10-09-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

You should try playing her at least once per day minimum. In my experience, going higher than a 50% play rate will have diminishing returns on your level of mastery.

If you haven't played at least one game with each champion, try to put in some work towards that goal as well. Being familiar with the abilities of your opponents will help a lot.