Power Save Mode

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-27-2010

You go into power save mode? Whats the difference between that and your computer going into standby or simply crashing?

CheezyCupcake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2010

I just played a game at 4:00pm cent, and it ran fine, but i put all my settings on low + put it in window mode, if it will work fine like this i guess ill keep it like this. I dont trust putting my computer at the risk of frying from turning it off by the power button as before. :/

CheezyCupcake

09-27-2010

Also the diffrence is that im ingame at the time that i go into power save mode, moving my mouse/typing the keys. And i also cant bring it out of it, it comes out by itself.

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

09-27-2010

I don't know man. I still don't understand how you know its power saving mode.

Is there a light that comes on some where for "power saving mode" ?

You should go into your power settings and change it to always on. Also limit the amount of time it takes before your operating system and monitor consider idle time. Increase the time to about four hours.

Honestly, the problem sounds like an over heating or video card failure problem to me. I am pretty good at trouble shooting but I fail to understand the difference between "power saving mode" and "system standby" or "powering off" .

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

09-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgboss View Post
I just played a game at 4:00pm cent, and it ran fine, but i put all my settings on low + put it in window mode, if it will work fine like this i guess ill keep it like this. I dont trust putting my computer at the risk of frying from turning it off by the power button as before. :/

if that worked, it sounds more like a hardware (over heating or video card) or software (video card drivers) problem than anything else.

CheezyCupcake

09-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginHomoSapien View Post
if that worked, it sounds more like a hardware (over heating or video card) or software (video card drivers) problem than anything else.
only thing that really gets at me is that It used to work fine though no problems at all :/ now i cant even play in fullscreen mode (idk but i think the key thing was actually putting it in window screen mode instead of keeping it in fullscreen, whatever works i guess).

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

09-27-2010

you sure you didn't make any hardware or software driver changes ? did you run a windows update and it updated your graphics drivers?

Pen is Hungry

09-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginHomoSapien View Post
you sure you didn't make any hardware or software driver changes ? did you run a windows update and it updated your graphics drivers?
He already answered these questions in the beginning of the forum. I had asked him the same questions early on.