Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Power Save Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CheezyCupcake

09-27-2010

How do u check if adobe air is up-to-date? I can run LoL fine, and i usually play online games without my firewall on only turn it on to go on the internet. My graphics card is uptodate also, but it was bugging out a few days ago. like after i came out of my 10minute power save mode, my graphics were messed up, and a screen popped up that said something like "N4_driver is broken" dont remember the exact words. But i would just restart my computer and it would be fine. didnt think to much about it.

CheezyCupcake

09-27-2010

bump

Pen is Hungry

09-27-2010

I would suggest uninstalling Adobe Air completely, then go to adobe's website and re-download it. However, when you reinstalled the game it should have installed the most up to date version of Adobe Air. What specs is your graphics card? I had something VERY similar happen when I first played Sims3 on my internal motherboard graphics card. Long story short my screen would black out, just like yours... my computer would go to sleep mode, and I would have to manually shut down the PC and reboot it several times. Be sure graphics settings are turned down low. Sims3 caused my computer to crash multiple times were I would have to quickly alt tab it so my graphics card would have enough time to recover. Although I wouldn't suggest doing this long term because you will probably burn out your graphics card (if you have an internal one and that's the problem).

It doesn't sound so much as a LoL bug, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I was running Windows Vista at the time. Sorry there is only so much I can do without having your PC in front of me. Haha.

I would have gotten back sooner, but I was in college Are you running a Mac or Windows Vista etc... Get back with me when you can.

Zinthros

Recruiter

09-27-2010

From what I understand LoL does not use your installed version of air, but its own pre-packaged, outdated libraries.

Pen is Hungry

09-27-2010

Quote:
Zinthros:
From what I understand LoL does not use your installed version of air, but its own pre-packaged, outdated libraries.

I'm pretty sure you are correct, but I still believe LoL should come with a completely updated version of Adobe Air. Other than that, the only other thing I can think to update would be Internet Explore itself considering how LoL runs through it.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

09-27-2010

Help and Support is a better place to find solutions for this I would think.

CheezyCupcake

09-27-2010

kk ill give u a more a less sample of my computer MS Windows XP Professional SP3 Intel core2 CPU @ 1.86 GHz 2.0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
Also statikk i did post one in it, i posted one in there and in here, and the other one has nothing be me saying bump :P also ill try to uninstall and reinstall adobe.

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

09-27-2010

what makes you think its power save mode that is the problem?

CheezyCupcake

09-27-2010

Because when im ingame, i go into power save mode ^_^ lol.

CheezyCupcake

09-27-2010

Quote:
Zinthros:

Well if what he says is true, i did update it a few days ago, so it might be adobe air that crashed the game if it wasnt the right version thinking of it now..