Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo4321 View Post
In the OP you're wrong this is correct information I went and bothered to check myself. @ 5:05:21 the game is paused while they figure out the issue. @ 5:16:00 Reginald notices the mini map in clear view and tells the judge about it. Then at 5:20:45 the AF member looks up at the mini map giving away the fact that TSM has 4 going top lane and one at the middle turret.
Actually the minimaps were turned off less than 30 seconds after Regi told the judge @5:16:00. The Azubu footage @5:20:45 would have occured during the minimaps being turned off. Trust me. I was watching the minimap situation closely for obvious reasons.

This isn't the smoking gun some people thought it was.

(I LOL'd when i saw myself in the audience) :P

Who is Sexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.
How about checking what they said to each other? Get a translator I'm pretty sure if one of them looked at the screen (Edit9: (Regi telling the judge about said mini map problem)
http://zh-tw.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334537601 @5:16:03) he will have told his teammates about TSM' location on the map

neo4321

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caucxican View Post
Actually the minimaps were turned off less than 30 seconds after Regi told the judge @5:16:00. The Azubu footage @5:20:45 would have occured during the minimaps being turned off. Trust me. I was watching the minimap situation closely for obvious reasons.

Oh I see what you mean. In that case I shall delete it forget what I said.

Edit: Still very curious that he would even LOOK up there though.

Caucxican

10-07-2012

Quote:
Oh I see what you mean. In that case I shall delete it forget what I said.

Unless the main screen was still showing the game, but I don't think it was

Yamantaka

10-07-2012

Quote:

You are correct. The minimaps at the time were turned off. I realize you want to get to sleep, but at 5:32:44 on http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334537601 as soon as the maps are turned back on, you see a member of Azubu Frost turn his head up and to the left. During this time you clearly see TSM moving up towards top brush.

neo4321

10-07-2012

Quote:
Unless the main screen was still showing the game, but I don't think it was
Unable to tell unless you were actually there based on the camera angles we really can't say.

Mjaxon

10-07-2012

lmao white kids and their conspiracy theories.

Asgaard

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextacy View Post
http://i.imgur.com/pZ7Of.jpg

It was fun while it lasted lol, wonder what riot will do against those teams.
I'm in that picture, awww yeah.

neo4321

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamantaka View Post
You are correct. The minimaps at the time were turned off. I realize you want to get to sleep, but at 5:32:44 on http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334537601 as soon as the maps are turned back on, you see a member of Azubu Frost turn his head up and to the left. During this time you clearly see TSM moving up towards top brush.
Can you screen shot it? I looked where your saying but I can't see it it's too zoomed out for me. Wait never mind I saw it but it's really quick and zoomed out, I will try to SS it.

Indekkusutaku

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamantaka View Post
I think I see it but it's real rad to tell, riot would have a better angle having all the other cameras but he actually might have.

Quote:
Can you screen shot it? I looked where your saying but I can't see it it's too zoomed out for me.
A screenshot won't help you need to see the moment of his head because that's the only thing close o clear, like I aid Riot would have the other camera angles and could look more.

Personally I think I can see it, im nowhere close to sure though, but I also acknowledge it is way to unclear for anything that could be called proof, I wish Riot took this thread seriously, because they have the means to investigate it further.