Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jokore

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.

The only reason why you are saying they didnt cheat its because you cant disqualify them for cheating after making them go thr all the D/C (rematch) that was caused by poor security and internet issue. okay.... GG if WE wins, cheaters will always win. Hope finals will be better than this..

I Am Tolan

10-06-2012

Quote:

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.
his jimmies are rustled...

1scythe1

10-06-2012

Quote:

All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

http://i.imgur.com/gtrjm.jpg

Click pic to zoom and it's plain as day he is looking to the side and up at the map. That sure as hell isn't "facing forward". It's ok, you had a job(the simplest of jobs), to monitor the players and make sure they didn't look at the map. And you failed at it.

Asgaard

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalN00b View Post
http://i.imgur.com/gtrjm.jpg

This is kinda hard to sweep away... I'm guessing it'll be accomplished somehow
Would like explanation on this also. I understand looking to the side to possibly talk to teammates, but why up also?

IllegalN00b

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetobetoSan View Post
Seriously are you guys racist or something? Why its always towards Asian teams? What EU and NA never cheat? they are saints? There is 0 evidence of AZF cheating and a photo of WE looking to his left...
Hard to see when eyes so squinty :O

Blakers1

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitau View Post
He could easily be looking at CLG or anything else in the area. You cannot punish someone with just this evidence.
Refer to my above post. Even if he wasn't being a screen looker he was still breaking a rule that was not being enforced by the referees.

Either way you look at it Riot failed to enforce their rules for the tournament.

Absinthe

10-06-2012

Quote:

but, he did look. lol. its filmed bro

Indekkusutaku

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznjudis View Post
I think a lead refs input is far more reliable than the picture on the internet....
It was until he made it clear he hadn't read the OP and then deleted his post when I called him on it and asked him to take another look, and then Riot deleted my post, until I posted a screen-shot of my post, then Riot re-instated both comments, other forum members called him on the deletion too.

Hextacy

10-06-2012

How to solve this issue?!

Actually host a tournament and treat the players/community right.

Thats great that your marketing your way with a 5 million season 2 but what if instead you used a bit of it to actually fund your tournament like DOTA2 and SC2...

It's just becoming painfully obvious why they do (or neglect to do) what they do.

Keitau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofles View Post
E sports people, lol. The same people who banned champions that not so hot players can only play well. To win a friendly company game... Nhaa, never will have my trust, or respect. Evidence given seems pretty on par, despite what YOU claim... I was watching those games and noticed it down the line too. It doesn't take much for them to look from their field of vision to see if a "official" is looking then take a peek.
The officials are always looking. You can see the camera in front of each player for ****s sake.