Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetobetoSan View Post
Prove it. He pointed up... Now prove that he pointed at the minimap. And if he did why Riot people just COMPLETELY ignored him?
The judge talked into a walkie talkie and the minimap screen was soon turned off. It was turned back on when the game started because I guess they didnt think it was an issue....oh boy

Asgaard

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indekkusutaku View Post
They deleted it, I have it quoted on page 56 in a response.
only quote you have on pg 56 is of me.

Keitau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
I am glad we have a Riot response but disappointed that he thinks we cite only a single camera view when this is simply not the case. If you had responded in a way that made me think you looked at the presented evidence I would have dropped everything, but you didn't but that's easy to fix.
But its the truth right? You only have one camera angle of him looking, and that was only for less than a second. You can realistically know what he was looking at, or if he can even see the screen you are accusing him of looking at. There was a lot of arguments against this theory that you ignored, but, to me, the closer I look at this the more it seems like he couldn't possibly be looking at the screen. At the same time, there was no reason for him to look at the screen. It'd be ridiculous for anyone impartial to punish someone with this weak of evidence.

Kaio F

10-06-2012

woah RiotTiza, did not expected that from you.

Duke Noogen

10-06-2012

I was at the event. I actually noticed a few times during some of iG's games that PDD would occasionally look behind him. Unfortunately i don't remember which games it was during, I'm too exhausted after today

I should reiterate that he only looks when it paused, and would take one earphone off, i dunno if he as like listening to the casters (if he knew english or not) but he should have been able to talk to his team still...

BBokes

10-06-2012

they re-inserted the deleted comments now btw.

Vo0d0ochild

10-06-2012

Quote:
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.

Aaronisreallycoo

10-06-2012

And undeleted.

Well done Indekkusutaku and others. Kept Riot honest.

Asgaard

10-06-2012

AND lTS BACK

IllegalN00b

10-06-2012

Just.......Disappointing is all i can say. And I was so excited for S2 championship