Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fumiko

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfitg0d0fwar View Post
Even more Proof that they can see the minimap from where they are seated

http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....ay_2_recap.jpg
Black screen. So for all you know it blacks out from that angle. and can only be seen straight on

iNEEDCANDY

10-06-2012

Bullcrap. Im done with LoL on a competitive level. You didnt do your job good enough then. Its completely obvious that Azubu ghosted during the pause. As for WE im not entirely sure. You say youre doing your job yet everyone on that stage was trying to get the sunlight situation under control for the players. Pathetic venue and sad event all around. You know damn well that every person on that stage with a riot Tshirt on was trying to get the sunlight situation under control and not watching the players.

Vo0d0ochild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

So Riot deletes the original Red post, and deletes the post quoting it. What a scum bag move

Garey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidSmartBoy View Post
they deleted your quote too.
This.

Vo0d0ochild

10-06-2012

So Riot deletes the original Red post, and deletes the post quoting it. What a scum bag move... GOOD THING I SAVED IT

Aaronisreallycoo

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indekkusutaku View Post
I'm sure it was deleted because he realized his mistake and plans to address it, but I like to be prepared just in case. Thus I saved it.
Well done.

Quote:
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.

netkitten

10-06-2012

well, turning head shouldn't be punishable, you cannot prove the reason why they turned their heads - to peek at the screen or because it's common to watch at your counterpart while talking, then, i doubt it was forbidden by the tournament rules to watch at those screens and last - it's weird to ask to punish one team only when probably a few of them or even every one used it to their advantage

they just should turn off those screens and that's all

Nightxss

10-06-2012

Quote:
Yep its gone as-well.
* The gestapo forum mods are working well.

Glove426

10-06-2012

Riot tells players to face forward at the event
"Players made eye contact with each other frequently"

"I can guarantee that nobody looked at the minimap"

Not saying that the players should have been punished for making eye contact...just that Riot should have seriously made some better preparations so there was no doubt who the better teams were.

Looks like we won't find out this year.

Indekkusutaku

10-06-2012

Quote:
Lol they did, but I foresaw that and screen-capped it. Here it is.