Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

olipops

10-06-2012

Must bring all the teams back and restart the tourny without the minimap there. is my solution to be fair.

Benny Boy

10-06-2012

bump

Tiny Tina

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indekkusutaku View Post
Ill address your post in reverse order where I can. (Also I hope you haven't left because I am a slow typist and I need to spell-check with a noted frequency which further slows things.)

1.) As I have pointed out the time they looked is irrelevant, because they would not know it was useless to look unless they were already cheating. Their eyes aren't glued because they know they would get caught. It's the same reason a student in a class only looks occasionally at another's test when cheating, looking all the time greatly increases the chance of getting caught. One possible reason he looked is because he heard a horn and assumed it meant a play from the other team but he could not see why with the information solely on the his screen and so looked where there was more information.

2.)He got caught looking one time, that means he knew he could look, unless he has a some kind of power to instantly and arbitrarily gain useful information, specifically that he could see the big minimap screen. If earlier he hand't looked to see that he could see the screen he wouldn't have looked to see the screen in response to a horn or because he simply looked at the screen. Does this mean he looked during a game to garner information in a prior instance- no but it makes it a distinct possibility, and it also proves he looked to gain information he did not have on his own screen in the instance he was caught.

3.) As i pointed out in my earlier points it is very unlikely he looked at that angle accidentally. and so yes I think he should be branded as a cheater and DQed but obviously I don't think that he should be branded as a cheater instantly, that why I though about it first.
Ok, people are missing one critical peace of information. The horn went off he looked to his left and a little up. Have any of you thought that he looked at the TSM reaction or something like that? Since the Logo screen shows all 5 players during the mach.

Asylum Lux

Aaronisreallycoo

10-06-2012

Prove this isn't the case Riot. Seriously, the images make this seem like it's obvious.

Indekkusutaku

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetobetoSan View Post
Ok, people are missing one critical peace of information. The horn went off he looked to his left and a little up. Have any of you thought that he looked at the TSM reaction or something like that? Since the Logo screen shows all 5 players during the mach.
No I haven't because he was playing CLG.EU. But assuming you meant CLG.EU then yes but i dismissed it because that would mean he knew he could see the screen which meant he would have looked before, which means he knew he could see the minimap but looked anyways.

EDITed because I missed a line, modified the response to be appropriate.

Tiny Tina

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellicus View Post
before i even saw this thread, i thought that several teams were making such out of ordinary invasions. there is no doubt that tsm is the king of invasions, as shown in NA regionals where they stole a buff at the start of every single game. azubu somehow bypassing that through strange means didnt make sense at all.
Oh so just because TSM were good at it that means that others cant possibly be good at invading aswell?

Harpsicord

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
I doubt it because every time Azubu won, the players that were dead but knew it was just a matter of seconds until they won got up out of their seat and took off their headphones in excitement, and every time they did, the casters announced the victory at the exact same time...
but they knew it was over, they aced...lol.

edit: also, why does riot fail so hard? they make the tourny outside so it's hot and theres sun glare + connection issues. now theres something about the screen that the viewers are watching from. why don't they make it so that the screen is infront of the the players? (back side towards them so they cant see anything)

Asgaard

10-06-2012

This should be taken extremely seriously by Riot. None of these matches can be considered legitimate anymore. They SHOULD redo the entire tournament, or disqualify some of the teams (AZF, WE), but that is not going to happen. We at least need a reply by Riot on this.

Disillusion

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightxss View Post
When "frost" won yesterday, there was no delay between their win and the commentors reaction.
* Thus no delay.
The reaction was pre-recorded. It's always been that way in LAN tournaments, because they want to capture that winning/losing reaction and show the home viewers. If you only show real time reactions, they players will already have shaken hands and maybe be on the stage. You would not be able to get it at all if they weren't showing you reactions accurate to the time.

Further proof is in replays which show camera views of the players, during a team fight, or their voice chat. The player view and voice chat are up to date with what is happening on the screen, because it wouldn't make sense any other way.